Go Professional 6200 Boots Then Crashes After Update on 13-11-21

MariTony
MariTony Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I made the mistake of attempting to update to my 6200 last night from the device itself via wifi.

The update rebooted the device and now it boots and then shuts off (crashes) after a quick flash of the display.

Even after a hard reset the device does the same and boots then crashes.

I've attached it to my laptop and windows detects it then it disconnects and keeps doing the same for as long as its connected via usb.

Other than sending it back to Romania again is there anything i can do from home?

Regards
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @MariTony

Try going to Settings/MyDrive and selecting Stop Syncing. The unit does not require syncing to be enabled during normal use except when you wish to sync any new/changes in your units My Places/My Routes etc. back to your account and from it.

This has resolved your issue for some. You only need to input your My Drive password when you want to do any syncing.

Doug
  • MariTony
    Apprentice Traveler
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @MariTony

Try going to Settings/MyDrive and selecting Stop Syncing. The unit does not require syncing to be enabled during normal use except when you wish to sync any new/changes in your units My Places/My Routes etc. back to your account and from it.

This has resolved your issue for some. You only need to input your My Drive password when you want to do any syncing.

Doug

Do you mean the mydrive settings on the device?

If so as per the OP I'm unable to access anything on the device because it just crashes.

Thanks
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @MariTony

If you have an extra memory card fitted try removing that to see what happens.

Doug
  • MariTony
    Apprentice Traveler
    There's no additional memory card in it Doug
  • kees-kalisvaart1
    kees-kalisvaart1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    it worked with my 5200