Where is the family buy option?

TheOneThatAsks
TheOneThatAsks Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I have the 1 year subscription,activated via the app, afterwards I found out that there is a family plan (on the site) how can I change/upgrade this?
Because there is no option in the app.

Best Answers

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    AFAIK, it's only an option for iOS not Android
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    There is no family plan for Android the only thing you need to do to have a subscription for multiple family members is to log in with the same credentials you purchased the app on.

Answers

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    AFAIK, it's only an option for iOS not Android
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    There is no family plan for Android the only thing you need to do to have a subscription for multiple family members is to log in with the same credentials you purchased the app on.
  • TheOneThatAsks
    Apprentice Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »

I tried/did this, but then I still get the 30 day trail info when looking @ the subscription status, that's why I asked.
    The first phone (I installed it) shows correct.

Thanks for thinking.

I update this if something changes (maybe after 30day trail)

Greetings ToTA
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    I had the same problem is I think it is because you are still in the 30 day trial period.
  • TheOneThatAsks
    Apprentice Seeker
    I had the same problem is I think it is because you are still in the 30 day trial period.

I will test this 😁
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 553
    Revered Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    If you download the TT Android GO Nav App from the hidden store you will get the option for family as an extra button.
    Don't use the App from Google's playstore if you want to have this option activated.
    Extra fees in Germany for inApp buy up to 25 € / year for releasing the family option.

n4xjni8tsu78.png

u2f26r7sy3qq.png

Have a look into my signature for the link.
  • flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 34
    Prominent Wayfarer

I will test this 😁

This isn't the case for me.

I had TTGo installed on mine, my wife's and my son's phones (they use it MUCH MUCH less frequently than I do). Their devices now state that their trial is over, even though I am logged in to my TomTom account on their devices.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    @flamingm0e
    Remove the application installed on your wife's and your son's phones reinstall the application from play
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
    Supreme Trailblazer
    flamingm0e wrote: »

I will test this 😁

I had TTGo installed on mine, my wife's and my son's phones (they use it MUCH MUCH less frequently than I do). Their devices now state that their trial is over, even though I am logged in to my TomTom account on their devices.

It's not the TomTom account You should have been logged in - this one is used only to synchronize favorites between MapDrive and logged devices. To have active license You need to be logged in to the same Google/Huwawei account from which You've bought subscription.
  • TheOneThatAsks
    Apprentice Seeker
    Marek_MkZ wrote: »

I will test this 😁

It's not the TomTom account You should have been logged in - this one is used only to synchronize favorites between MapDrive and logged devices. To have active license You need to be logged in to the same Google/Huwawei account from which You've bought subscription.

I'll try that thanks
  • flamingm0e
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @flamingm0e
    Remove the application installed on your wife's and your son's phones reinstall the application from play

This does nothing.

I will test this 😁

I am not logging into their devices with my Google Account. This didn't USED to be a problem.
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
    Supreme Trailblazer
    @flamingm0e

This does nothing.

I will test this 😁

I am not logging into their devices with my Google Account. This didn't USED to be a problem.

All the devices You want to have active subscription needs to be logged in to the same Google account not the application itself
  • flamingm0e
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @flamingm0e

This does nothing.

I will test this 😁

All the devices You want to have active subscription needs to be logged in to the same Google account not the application itself

Yeah, I understand that's how it is NOW. That's not how it was a year ago. I'm not an idiot, thanks though. This is still a piss poor implementation.
  • flamingm0e
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @flamingm0e

This does nothing.

I will test this 😁

Yeah, I know. This wasn't the case a year ago. It's a dumb implementation.