Feedback to first impressions TT Expert 7

ptje63
ptje63 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi,
I have tested my new TT Expert for a couple of days now, as coach driver and have couple of questions which you may have some answers to.
Am I correct that the 2D view (which I mainly use - 3D for cities) is now lacking a direct menu (bottom left) with zoom in/out functions? - with Expert only accessable by first tapping on screen?
It also seems that the 3rd button in this menu (....) has been exchanged for (x) - which to me appears there is no direct link to the main menu from either 2D or 3D view?
I noticed that, if I try to do so by clicking on the (x) with a destination chosen, this destination is cancelled (!). So, in that case, I must first chose "last destination" in the meny to proceed.

This seems odd - I was very fond of the smooth transition between 2D/3D and switching back/forth to the min menu.
Why do I first have to tap the main screen in order to enter the zoom in/out option???

Also - I may have overlooked it - but in the top right corner I find the time of arrival - and the current time used to be in the lower right corner - where is it now?

Answers

• big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    1) The current time is no longer displayed nor is there an option to display it. I agree it was a poor decision to remove it.

2) When on a route, the menu button moves to the right of the screen. When you select it you are presented with a few options and can scroll to get to more options. This is not something which is easy to do while driving, nevermind the absurd design decision to actually put a cancel route button where the menu usually button lives..

3) You can zoom in or out by pinching or spreading fingers on the screen. That will also make the + and - buttons visible. Even just moving the map with a finger will make the +/- visible. You can switch from 2D to 3D view by tapping on the directional indication.
  • ptje63
    ptje63 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    2) Im not sure what you mean by "moves to the right of the screen" - not in the main window in my case, and to the far right I have the "side-window" (not sure of proper English name), which shows upcoming events, traffice, parkings, etc.
    This window does have an option menu on the bottom (where the current time used to be), but this meny only applies to this "side-window", not the main menu.

3) The "pinch-method" is very inaccurate and also makes the right "side-window" disappear (why?).

For me, professional coach driver, this annoying change from good to bad alone, makes me seriously consider returning the TT Expert 7 back to the retailer and go back to the predecessor. It proves to me that not every new change is an improvement.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    ptje63 wrote: »
    2) Im not sure what you mean by "moves to the right of the screen" - not in the main window in my case, and to the far right I have the "side-window" (not sure of proper English name), which shows upcoming events, traffice, parkings, etc.
    This window does have an option menu on the bottom (where the current time used to be), but this meny only applies to this "side-window", not the main menu.
    Yes, that's the one. It may not be obvious but that menu scrolls. At the very bottom is a "Settings" icon which takes you to the usual settings. Impractical? Yes, But it does exist.
    ptje63 wrote: »
    2) It proves to me that not every new change is an improvement.
    Agreed, TomTom's idea of improvement seldom seems to connect with what their customer's request.