Not working feature

Realviking007
Realviking007 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
When I switch off traffic warning/ filewaarschuwing it stille tells the traffic jam, even it is stille a lot of miles away. It is very annoying to be warned about a traffic jam hours up front.
Anyone also noticed this? How to send this request (to switch off spoken traffic jam warnings) to Tomtom?

Best Answer

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Realviking007, welcome to the forum.

This is known issue. At the moment, the only way to get rid of these verbal announcements about upcoming traffic is to use recorded voice instead of computer voice. To make it work, you have to remove all computer voices that you have and leave one recorded one.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We track this issue internally under GONAV-3266 ticket.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Realviking007
    Welcome to the site...
    Using the Tomtom GO Navigation App on the iPhone....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Sounds & Warning -->
    Traffic Jams... Set to 'Never'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Realviking007
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, I have an Android phone, this should work the same but I trued this many times. I even de-installen it and then re-installen it. When the setting is set off, it stille warns me verbally about traffic jams. Since I travel a lot and drive for hours, I am not interested in a verbal warning.

So it is not Just a matter of setting, this feature does not work on my Android (Samsung S10).
  • Realviking007
    Apprentice Seeker
    9g59agj3j4be.jpg
    These are the settings. It should not bé verbal...
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Realviking007, welcome to the forum.

This is known issue. At the moment, the only way to get rid of these verbal announcements about upcoming traffic is to use recorded voice instead of computer voice. To make it work, you have to remove all computer voices that you have and leave one recorded one.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We track this issue internally under GONAV-3266 ticket.