My 6250 keeps resetting on its own when I'm using it. Recently it happens very often

Volenczak
Volenczak Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My 6250 keeps resetting on its own when I'm using it. Recently it happens very often. I'm using the device for work and it is very problematic

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Volenczak
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you try turning off MyDrive sync on the device.

Main menu- Settings- MyDrive - Stop syncing

Follow-up with a soft reset-

Test the device when you drive next time.

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Volenczak
    Welcome to the site....
    (1)... Some users are finding that logging out of MyDrive on the device is beneficial....
    On the NAV4 devices, Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive....
    I have multiple Tomtom devices, so I have always logged out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the devices by default (So I can't comment if it's beneficial or not) ???

Click on the 'Show Button' for more info....
    Logging out of MyDrive fix for Multiple device using one Account
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725859/#Comment_1725859
    Just a word of caution if you use the MyDrive Web Route planner or the MyDrive App for Route planning, if you Disable Mydrive synchronization on the device then, any .GPX, .ITN routes or MyPlaces created using the above Tomtom Route planners will not sync to your TomTom device, the simple answer is to Log in to MyDrive on your device when you need to sync data across then log out of MyDrive again....

(2)... I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password....

Click on the 'Show Button' for more info....
    Logout of your Wi-Fi....
    (You can't actually log out, you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

1qo4pndgmr56.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect
    I guess the fewer Data Connections in use on the device, at any one time, the less load on system resources ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • RMERJ
    RMERJ Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Seems there a BIG problem with MyDrive and the sync routine. Stopping the sync is NOT a solution as it is an important feature of the TomTom. I've had a similar problem and was told to stop the sync. Its not good enough. TomTom needs to keep its users loyal or we'll all end up on Google!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Synchronization with Mydrive just allows you to transfer places or routes
    it takes 2 seconds to check or uncheck Mydrive on the device.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @RMERJ
    RMERJ wrote: »
    Seems there is a BIG problem with MyDrive and the sync routine. Stopping the sync is NOT a solution, as it is an important feature of the TomTom. I've had a similar problem and was told to stop the sync. It's not good enough. TomTom needs to keep its users loyal, or we'll all end up on Google!

I run/maintain 8 devices and use a single password across all the devices... It's no big deal you only require to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4................ Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM