My G510 with lifetime camera updates, stopped announcing what type of camera is approaching

Specmaster
Specmaster Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
My GO510 with lifetime updates on maps and speed cameras has now stopped giving me voice description of the type of camera that I'm approaching, how do I get it back again?

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,769
    Elite Voyager
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓

Settings > Sounds and Warnings > Warning type > check You can choose the type of warnings you want to hear when you are driving:
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    For speed camera updates you must connect your Go 510 to your Mydrive connect account then select the update.

Did you select
    Read aloud
    Hear spoken warnings and warnings sounds.

ovee51npzn77.jpg
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Specmaster
    No need to go out for a test... Plan a route that includes Speed Cams....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route or Current Track --> Scroll screen left to, and Tap 'Play Route Preview' or 'Play Track Preview'....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Specmaster
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    Maybe useful... GO 500 / GO 510 User Manual...
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295380-GO-500-GO-510-User-Manual

ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    You looked in the settings then sounds and warning Warning type
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes, and it set to always, but it only plays the bongs, no longer tells it is a fixed camera, or a red light camera etc.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Specmaster
    You >>> MUST<<< use a (Text To Speak) Computer Voice....
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1765701/#Comment_1765701

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager

Settings > Sounds and Warnings > Warning type > check You can choose the type of warnings you want to hear when you are driving:
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    I do have Serena selected as the text speak computer voice and it works fine for everything else just fine, but does not work with camera warnings.

I have also noticed that when I plug the Go510 into the computer, I have been getting a message displayed telling me that camera announcements are not working and that I need to subscribe @99p for 3 months trail period?? I have ignored this as I am supposed to have lifetime updates.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK @lampard will look at your account and assign you the service.
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you so much for this, it used to work perfectly until the last major update and it took me a while to realise that I was no longer getting the verbal warning as to what type of camera / threat I was facing.
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    Will I need to get my sat nav in from the car to do this or not?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    For speed camera updates you must connect your Go 510 to your Mydrive connect account then select the update.

Did you select
    Read aloud
    Hear spoken warnings and warnings sounds.

ovee51npzn77.jpg
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    I don't recall seeing an option since the last major update for Hear spoken warnings and warning sounds. I have Serena set for reading aloud road names etc but for the camera warning s there is not if I recall any option there now for spoken only warning sounds. I can go and get the unit from the car and double check.
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have now got the unit and double-checked, there is indeed a setting for reading aloud the camera warnings and I have now selected this option and I shall be going out later and will test it out then and let you know by way of another posting in this thread, thank you for your assistance.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Specmaster
    No need to go out for a test... Plan a route that includes Speed Cams....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route or Current Track --> Scroll screen left to, and Tap 'Play Route Preview' or 'Play Track Preview'....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you everyone, I never knew that half of these features you told me to use existed, they are not mentioned in the manual that came with the device when I purchased it from Halfords. Well done everybody.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Specmaster
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    Maybe useful... GO 500 / GO 510 User Manual...
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295380-GO-500-GO-510-User-Manual

ATB YFM
  • Specmaster
    Apprentice Seeker
    @YamFazMan
    Now thats a manual, shame it wasn't in the box when it was new. Thanks.