display fogs up

emarsh
emarsh Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I've noticed that there is fog on the inside of my Rider display as in this photo. Obviously it has some moisture inside. I store it in my garage with my motorcycle and I always keep the rubber tabs pushed closed to keep moisture out. Also I'm a fair weather rider so it hasn't been out in the rain.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Can I dry out inside my home? Should I be storing in the house?

vw0jxufea1dz.jpg

Best Answer

• kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi there @emarsh -

I also store my motorcycle in a garage (unheated) but never leave the Rider attached - it’s always kept indoors. I note that you are also located in Spain. Not only does this lower the chances of condensation/misting build up, surrounding temperatures reducing to less than 10c tend to cause irreversible damage to internal rechargeable batteries of this type when not being used. I also keep all my car/van TomToms at home too with no issues.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    place a warm cloth on it
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi there @emarsh -

I also store my motorcycle in a garage (unheated) but never leave the Rider attached - it’s always kept indoors. I note that you are also located in Spain. Not only does this lower the chances of condensation/misting build up, surrounding temperatures reducing to less than 10c tend to cause irreversible damage to internal rechargeable batteries of this type when not being used. I also keep all my car/van TomToms at home too with no issues.
  • BryanM63
    BryanM63 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    They are not a waterproof as we would like. I had a Rider 400 that died (drowned) on a very wet ride back in March 2020. I replaced it with a new 550, it too fogs up occasionally. I expect it too will eventually die from excessive moisture