How can I re-enable the tracker in my Spark 3 Cardio sports watch?

AnneliesM
AnneliesM Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Picked up this watch from someone today. How do I turn the tracker function back on after I probably turned it off by accident? The manual states that this feature is turned on by default, but it's turned off for me. When I click 'to the left' on the menu button, and thus end up in the 'tracker', it says: "turn on the tracker via the settings". But how??? I'm guessing I've set 'targets' to 'off', but I can't click right through that anymore to be able to click 'on' again? I can no longer click through the options under goals (heart rate and sleep) to the right... The solution should be simple, but I'm a total novice when it comes to sports watches... Who oh who can explain this to me simply?

Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Off is not on On/Off toggle, it just turns off the tracker. You need to set a goal to turn it on. Go into the Tracker menu and select Goal> Steps and enter a steps goal and press right (or whatever goal you want, you can only have one though). The tracker will then be turned on. Then go into Heart and select On and Sleep and select On as appropriate. You need to press right through each item to save it, left will back out without saving. Pressing left from the clock screen will take you into the activity tracker graphs to see your progress and confirm it is recording.

I hope you picked it up for free as TT Sports has been out of business for 4 years and all devices are discontinued and obsolete and at end of life.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You have the option always have the backlight on during an activity. Just go to Options> Night> On and it will turn on and stay on when you start an activity and turn off when you are done. Be aware this cuts the battery life substantially (to around 2 hours). To turn it on for a few seconds cup your hand over the screen. If this does not work, the light may be dead.

Here is a link to the manuals for other questions:

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/watch2016/index.htm

Answers

• tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Off is not on On/Off toggle, it just turns off the tracker. You need to set a goal to turn it on. Go into the Tracker menu and select Goal> Steps and enter a steps goal and press right (or whatever goal you want, you can only have one though). The tracker will then be turned on. Then go into Heart and select On and Sleep and select On as appropriate. You need to press right through each item to save it, left will back out without saving. Pressing left from the clock screen will take you into the activity tracker graphs to see your progress and confirm it is recording.

I hope you picked it up for free as TT Sports has been out of business for 4 years and all devices are discontinued and obsolete and at end of life.
  • AnneliesM
    Apprentice Seeker
    Héél erg bedankt voor je reactie!! Gelukkig kreeg ik het horloge gratis, maar dat het zo'n verouderd apparaat was....dát was er inderdaad niet bij verteld (dus mijn dankbaarheid had misschien wel ietsjes minder gemogen ;-)).
  • AnneliesM
    Apprentice Seeker
    Misschien kan je nóg een vraag voor me beantwoorden? Het scherm blijft donker, dus bij minder licht kan ik het menu niet gebruiken. Het lijkt me dat dit niet klopt. Hoe kan ik zorgen dat het scherm oplicht bij aanraken van de menuknop? Of zou 'het licht' gewoon kapot zijn :s
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You have the option always have the backlight on during an activity. Just go to Options> Night> On and it will turn on and stay on when you start an activity and turn off when you are done. Be aware this cuts the battery life substantially (to around 2 hours). To turn it on for a few seconds cup your hand over the screen. If this does not work, the light may be dead.

Here is a link to the manuals for other questions:

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/watch2016/index.htm
  • AnneliesM
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you again!