Really really disappointed Go Premium X

Conradd
Conradd Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I bought this Tomtom Go premium X in August to replace my old Go 5000 of which the battery was dead.
I was disappointed from the beginning. I had hoped that the system would have been improved at least a bit over the years. In fact the functionality is just the same as the years-old GO 5000. No better voice command. It's still the same ill- functioning would be voice command system. The typing also is not better. I would think the processor would be faster then previously and find addresses faster. It feels even slower instead.
Map corrections that I suggested years ago and that showed on my old device (however, first not, then did, on and off...) were out again. If I drive over a "non-existing" road I make impossible jumps to nearby roads and back when I reach a section that is on the map AND make movements that are impossible on the other road. You get ALL info from my device. How many times do I need to make impossible jumps over a river or a highway before you "see" something is wrong with your maps?

From the beginning I was disappointed about the battery. It seemed hardly enough for the system. My old device was much better. Now we are 3 months further and the battery appears insufficient to be charged during my 20 min drive to and from work. It can't remain in stand-by during my 9 hrs in office and the system need to boot when I start driving home. That makes me missing essential traffic info as it takes several minutes have up-to-date traffic info and I need to decide what road to take immediately.

Then, where should I post this claim? I did post it here because I didn't find another contact except the chat- function on your website that is not functioning because it flickers like mad.

Regards,
Conrad
Tagged:

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Conradd Hello there,

It would be best to contact TomTom support for any other options for return or replacement or refund.

It would be best to get the new Go Discover or use the mobile app as the premium X is a few years old.

Still using 2g and the newer ones get updates faster :)

Shawn
  • Conradd
    Conradd Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Seeker
    So, you sold me old stuff.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Conradd

I think the GO Premium range was released in 2019 and was the latest offering from Tomtom until the release of the GO Discover units early this year. The new devices have been shown on the Tomtom website since their release.

There are options available on the Premium model that are not on the Go Discover such as the inclusion of an inbuilt Mobile sim so you do not need to link a Smartphone and you can add 3rd Party POI files.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Conradd
    My GO Premium is not laggy....
    For me the GO 5000 and the GO Premium are like Chalk & Cheese....
    The GO Premium device with a 2X faster processer and 16 GB onboard Memory is far more responsive, than the Go 5000.... The GO Premium also has many more useful features than the GO 5000....

Some users find logging out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the device is beneficial....
    I have multiple Tomtom devices, so I have always logged out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the devices by default (So I can't comment if it's beneficial or not) ???
    Logging out of MyDrive fix for Multiple device using one Account
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725859/#Comment_1725859

I also find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when I 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1763247/#Comment_1763247

I guess the fewer Data Connections in use on the device, at any one time, the less load on system resources ???

Are you using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter....
    The Charger Adapter and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same…
    More Info... The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 Wi-Fi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1739335/#Comment_1739335

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    Conradd wrote: »
    So, you sold me old stuff.
    I can't see how anyone sold you old stuff ??? It was you that selected and purchased the GP Premium....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM