Which map to download if you want to have Benelux France and Spain Portugal?

Hombergh
Hombergh Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited November 2021 in Map purchase & installation

What is the best card for Benelux, France, Spain and Portugal?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,439
    Revered Voyager
    Go 520 has the world maps so no need to buy them

Go 520 heeft de wereldkaarten, dus je hoeft ze niet te kopen
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,858
    Superuser
    Hi @Hombergh

As long as you have the maps with cover the route to your destination then that is all that is required. So as you are in the Netherlands if you wanted to go to Northern Portugal then the Northern maps of France, Spain and Portugal along with the Netherlands and Belgium are what would be needed.

As you have the GO520 then if you were to add an extra memory card, Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make 16gb or max 32 gb then you could load the whole of Europe and there should be no issue.

Doug
  • Hombergh
    Hombergh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Doug, Tnx.
    I’m loading Europe now. Do not need all the other countries that’s I was hoping there was a particular part map of Europe that included Spain france Portugal and Benelux. Have a good weekend
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,858
    Superuser
    Hi @Hombergh

Ooops you don't need an extra memory card as there is sufficient internal memory on the unit to take any of the Europe maps. Europe West would cover you nicely.

One thing I would suggest is that you also add the map of Venezuela or Iraq to the device. This is to help avoid the possibility of the No maps found situation. The device requires a valid map on it to start up normally so should you have an issue updating the main map and as a result lose it then you are mapless. Having a small map tucked away on the unit means that you will be able to start the unit normally and then simply reload the lost map.

Doug