Bad routing - new road not taken into account

Marek_MkZ
Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
Supreme Trailblazer
In the middle of the last month new fragment of S7 road was opened and I'm very glad that this month main map update in TTGo Android apk introduced this fragment into the current maps (and also some other reported by me errors were corrected). But I've observed that I cannot calculate route through that road in apk. Zooming showed that it is marked as closed. Also MpaDrive shows that road, doesn't show closure, even shows the traffic on it but one cannot calculate route through it (as on screenshot - route should go along green arrow):
pzlt0rv92lud.jpg
What is even worse - route is not calculated through old main road 7 (as I indicated by blue arrow and dashed line on road) but through very local, small streets - despite of lack of traffic incidents.

Best Answer

• Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Previous week all this errors were fixed. Great job. Thank You.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Marek_MkZ
    Hello :)

I'm Shawn, I hope you are having a great day! :)

It seems that MyDrive is working to calculate you there, is this a TTG or APK issue?

Due to the fact that this map version has just been released, it may take time to update on the APK side.

Well what you could do is to add a waypoint on that road to force it to navigate :)

Shawn
  • Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    @Marek_MkZ

It seems that MyDrive is working to calculate you there, is this a TTG or APK issue?

Due to the fact that this map version has just been released, it may take time to update on the APK side.

Well what you could do is to add a waypoint on that road to force it to navigate :)

Shawn

Hi @Shawnloveshorses_161 . None of them are working properly. Look at the picture in my previous post - it is screenshot from MapDrive and route is calculated wrongly through the center of Słomniki town and not through the newly opened S7 road. Green line on it shows current traffic so TomTom sees that the route is actually opened. Issue with using very local street in Słomniki town (this with red cross) is probably caused by historical traffic data because today route in MapDrive and in TTGo apk is calculated through main road in town center but still not using new S7 (See new screenshots made today)
    q91h17crwj4r.jpg

0uwb71s81n2u.jpg

z8110a85kgr5.jpg

So please TomTom map/traffic team. Open this new road for driving as it is already opened in reality.

(As the matter of fact such situation would be great in previous, October map update - placing new road on the map but closed with traffic info untill opening in reality)

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Does on map reporter if you click on the road, does it show as open? I will like to report this issue as well on the map reporter, can you give me the road name?

I am not a local like you in that area.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Marek_MkZ wrote: »
    @Marek_MkZ

Shawn

Hi @Shawnloveshorses_161 . None of them are working properly. Look at the picture in my previous post - it is screenshot from MapDrive and route is calculated wrongly through the center of Słomniki town and not through the newly opened S7 road. Green line on it shows current traffic so TomTom sees that the route is actually opened. Issue with using very local street in Słomniki town (this with red cross) is probably caused by historical traffic data because today route in MapDrive and in TTGo apk is calculated through main road in town center but still not using new S7 (See new screenshots made today)
    q91h17crwj4r.jpg

0uwb71s81n2u.jpg

z8110a85kgr5.jpg

So please TomTom map/traffic team. Open this new road for driving as it is already opened in reality.

(As the matter of fact such situation would be great in previous, October map update - placing new road on the map but closed with traffic info untill opening in reality)

Click on road in the map and choose traffic flow, not closed. Also put a random spot on the map and choose "other". Then say this road is not working or something.

Also in road, choose road displayed wrongly, also I noticed this road dosen't have a "name:. Can you add it?
  • Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    @Shawnloveshorses_161 I've already made mapshare report (yesterday evening) - it's accepted. New road coordinates are 50.22648, 20.01325. But I'm also writing here to make things possibly faster - some time ago I've made similar report on road in my neighborhood which is indicated as closed in one direction. Report has status fixed since 28.09, yesterday I've made another report on the same issue (it's accepted) but the road i still closed by traffic (see screenshots).
    6fe3x6yf643t.png
    pnif2ypopnju.png

So putting report seems to be not enough.

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Hello again,

50.10712, 19.70750 , it seems to be a map bug. @lampard or @VikramK will look into this on Monday when they are able to.

Have a great day!

Will be offline for a while now, so take care and have a great weekend.

PS: If you are navigating through that road, just go through it and it will reroute. Or start the GPS after you drove past.

• Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    It's not a big problem to me to drive through that road because I know that it's opened and there's no any roadworks on it. It's rather concern about non local drivers who don't know that and about data accuracy of navigation program which I like.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Marek_MkZ I see, well it will be fixed in the next map update, not sure when. Though these types of things are changed manually by the team and they have to make sure it is done right.

They are not locals as well, though the GPS will route the other way, hope get this fixed.

Shawn
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    @lampard Hi Lampard, I notice that in Bing Maps & Apple Maps as well it shows more detail on what is closed but there is no "ETA" for end date.

So, I believe there is some issue with traffic, could you look into it as this can cause issues for those who use a Sat Nav or app that uses TomTom Traffic.

Thanks,

Report ID:

cb9a8b7d-b44c-4864-b8d0-26ca84cbd191

wzbhdxjr4hn7.png
  • Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Previous week all this errors were fixed. Great job. Thank You.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Marek_MkZ You're welcome, I noticed they fix all my map errors too :)

have a great day!
    Shawn