GO 750 LIVE won't boot after a map update.

SOS4GOLIVE
SOS4GOLIVE Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Internal memory was too small for map update and device doesn't accept a external memory card big enough either so had to split the map across internal and external memory.
After that, device won't boot at all.
I did this update quite some time ago but today I'm asking for help here to see if device can be revived or should be sent to recycling (which would be a shame).
Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    The Go 750 are declared end of life by Tomtom so it is no longer possible to buy or update maps.
  • SOS4GOLIVE
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you very much Willy875! But would you know if I could still use my old maps at all if I managed to restore the device? Thanks again!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    See with the moderators @VikramK @lampard if he can assign you an old version of the card if no answer today come back Monday
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @SOS4GOLIVE
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated for your TomTom GO 750. Please connect the device to TomTom HOME and check for updates..

Regards,
    Vikram
  • SOS4GOLIVE
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK, thank you very much for your message! Sorry I should have been more specific in my first message. Device won't boot at all so I can't use TomTom Home at all. When I turn on device, it gets stuck on home screen and shows too flashing icons : internal memory drive and external memory card. When I plug it into laptop, I get two error message (can I share them in PM to you?). I pretty sure I messed up the internal folders when I had to split the map into 2 during the last map update (map was too large to be saved on internal memory so map had to be split). Only thing that could help now I suppose is to restore original files / folders. Is that something that can be done at all? Thanks again for your advice.