Bluetooth multi-point

AlpVir
AlpVir Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a Kalenji DUAL ANT + / Bluetooth heart rate monitor. It connects perfectly to my TomTom Runner 2 Cardio.
Alternatively, I can connect this heart rate monitor to another Bluetooth device (Bosh Kiox cycle computer)
Alternatively to a Samsung A32 smartphone.
My wish would be to connect the heart rate monitor SIMULTANEOUSLY to all 3 of the above devices.
It's possible ? Like ? Do I need any specific apps?

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You can usually have multiple connections, but not multiple concurrent connections. You can be linked to multiple devices, but only one can be synced at a time. There may be some bridge devices out there that will take the signal and split it (you can take an ANT signal and transmit is as BT via a bridge but I do not know of any that will take a BT signal and split it to multiple devices), but I am not aware of one and this would not be the place to find it, you will have to research that elsewhere. The watch will not do it, it has a one-to-one relationship with whatever device it is synced to.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    No, it is not possible as your device only has two channels, ANT+ & BT. One device is using the BT connection while the other is using the ANT + connection. There is no possible way to get it to connect to 3 simultaneously.
  • AlpVir
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your answer.
    However, I know that there is the possibility of receiving the same audio from the same source, and listening to it on multiple bluetooth headphones.
    Here is more I have less of the same thing: a source (the chest strap that you feel the beats in the heart) and 2 recipients (the Kiox cycle computer and the smartphone).
    Having a computer (i.e. smartphone) available, is it possible that it cannot be used to process the signal and route it to other destinations?
  • AlpVir
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your answer. However, I know that there is the possibility of receiving the same audio from the same source, and listening to it on multiple bluetooth headphones.
    Here is more I have less of the same thing: a source (the chest strap that you feel the beats in the heart) and 2 recipients (the Kiox cycle computer and the smartphone).
    Having a computer (i.e. smartphone) available, is it possible that it cannot be used to process the signal and route it to other destinations?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You can usually have multiple connections, but not multiple concurrent connections. You can be linked to multiple devices, but only one can be synced at a time. There may be some bridge devices out there that will take the signal and split it (you can take an ANT signal and transmit is as BT via a bridge but I do not know of any that will take a BT signal and split it to multiple devices), but I am not aware of one and this would not be the place to find it, you will have to research that elsewhere. The watch will not do it, it has a one-to-one relationship with whatever device it is synced to.