TomTom Start 25...thought it was a via No Maps Found

call
call Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited November 2021 in MyDrive Connect
This TomTom BLxxxxxxx97 has an 8gb memory card. I have another that i just got done updating using My Drive Connect, all went well as far as i know, i put it back in the car(without using it yet) and got this one out to update. Neither has actually been used in quite some time. Any how, this one tells me the system memory has 3421 free and memory card has 4821 free. It also tells me the map is on the memory card, so it is reading the card. Every time i try and update it tells me something has gone wrong and goes back to the No Maps Found screen. I have cleared the cache and download folder multiple times, neither has solved that problem. I took the memory card out and then it then tells me i need to insert a memory card with a map! so now i am back to memory card back in and no map found. Also tried the remove content from the device route; all i get is something has gone wrong,. So, to summarize, it tells me there is a map on the MC but also tells me there is no map and wont update. Can someone point me in the right direction? I think this one is even newer that that other, it still has the original factory screen proector in place.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• call
    Apprentice Seeker
    @rider1rider and anyone else with skills...
    So after reading the linked material I rebooted my desktop (W10- up to date... MyDriveConnect V 4.2.12.4208) and did a reset of the tom. I emptied the download folder and cleared the Cache and restarted MDC, connecting the tom. I got no maps found on the tom, scrolled to the map on MDC and it does not say corrupted. It says update available and tells me the map is on the memory card. There is no clicking on the map to uninstall. There is however a green button that says remove content from your device. When i click that is gives me the option to remove the map. I did that, i went through its gyration and told me it was done updating. Despite that MDC tells me all that content is still there, and my device is "up to date" however the device tells me "no maps found". The linked directions do not really match what one can actually do is my current experience. I will soon proceed to scroll further down in that link and try other suggested things, but in the meantime, > does anyone think i should take out the memory card and format it in my other Start 25 and then reinstall it in this one and see if it will then install the new map?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

In order not to find yourself without a map, remove the SD from the GPS

formatted a new SD is inserted there in the GPS on your Mydrive connect account to see if you are offered a new map update.
  • call
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Willy875 All i have done so far is find myself without a map. MDC says its on the card, but the device says no map found (repeatedly despite resets and clearing cache and downloads). What is the difference between formatting this one and starting fresh vs going out to buy another memory card to put in it if the map cant be read from this one? I do have a 4gb card on hand that i have put in and formatted. I am now trying to install a "smaller map" to see what happens...
  • call
    Apprentice Seeker
    The "smaller" map installed on a new 4gb card no issue. Next step is to format the 8gb card and load the bigger map.