Rebooting and GPS location keeps getting out of sync

RMERJ
RMERJ Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Just started in least week or so, having started a journey the unit keeps going blank and restarting, sometimes with drums. Does this over and over again, 12 times in a short local journey when using it to avoid traffic. When it does come back on for a short period of time the GPS position can be 200-300 meters incorrect. Then all seems OK the it starts the cycle over again. Checked battery is full and charging OK

Best Answer

• RMERJ
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help. After turning sync off and running a couple of local trips it seemed fine. I've now turned sync back on (I need it frequently) and again a couple of local runs and all seems OK. Fingers crossed it was just one of those things.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    The solution deactivate Mydrive synchronization on the device.
  • RMERJ
    Apprentice Traveler
    Are you saying to deactivate it permanently? Has worked OK for a long time now and is one of the strengths of the device.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    RMERJ wrote: »
    Are you saying to deactivate it permanently?

You activate Mydrive only to transfer a route or a place
  • RMERJ
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help. After turning sync off and running a couple of local trips it seemed fine. I've now turned sync back on (I need it frequently) and again a couple of local runs and all seems OK. Fingers crossed it was just one of those things.
  • RMERJ
    Apprentice Traveler
    All went pear shaped again. Couldn't even do a post code search. Have run a factory reset, running OK at the moment, wait to see what happens with any new location.
    Clearly something is wrong with the unit, whether its age a software bug I don't know. Is there a way to force the unit to re install its operating system, if it all goes wrong again??