Renault Megane Carminat controls not working and Map not available

d900man
d900man Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
The centre controls will not work at all in my Megane to access the menus in the Carminat. I have tried reinstalling the application. I have plugged it in a its loaded up but not get a error message to say my UK map is not available on the device also still no menu control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 150
    Exalted Navigator
    controls normally stop working if you earlier installed TomPlayer application (yes, it can ruin some configurations apparently).

Try to remove multimedia fuse for couple of minutes and retry. Otherwise may need to reconfigure it. I can do it but I am based in Northern Ireland
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    AngryBird wrote: »
    controls normally stop working if you earlier installed TomPlayer application (yes, it can ruin some configurations apparently).

Try to remove multimedia fuse for couple of minutes and retry. Otherwise may need to reconfigure it. I can do it but I am based in Northern Ireland

How do I do the mutlimedia fuse?

• AngryBird
    Exalted Navigator
    you will have fuses either under sterring wheel (left side st.wheel) or in the glovebox(right hand st.wheel) - the one with radio icon: remove it, wait, reinstall it.
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    I'll let you know, thank you
    you will have fuses either under sterring wheel (left side st.wheel) or in the glovebox(right hand st.wheel) - the one with radio icon: remove it, wait, reinstall it.

• d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank tried that but it didn't work

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

If you have installed Tomplayer on your Carminat live you must uninstall it Tomplayer does not work on Carminat live.
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    I dont have Carminat live - it the older Carminat - I have also installed the Tomplayer on the SD card - still no look getting the controls to work

Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi

If you have installed Tomplayer on your Carminat live you must uninstall it Tomplayer does not work on Carminat live.

• AngryBird
    Exalted Navigator
    You should NOT have TomPlayer - better never install it. Unfortunately, it has some negative side effects.
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ive removed it now and still no luck

any other way of getting the controls back
    You should NOT have TomPlayer - better never install it. Unfortunately, it has some negative side effects.

• AngryBird
    Exalted Navigator
    If fuse doesn't work - I guess only autoconfig with renault tools: this can't be done by resetting/changing anything in SATNAV through menus
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks I cent get into the satnav menus and I bet Renault charge a fortune for it
    If fuse doesn't work - I guess only autoconfig with renault tools: this can't be done by resetting/changing anything in SATNAV through menus

• AngryBird
    Exalted Navigator
    I don't think renault knows how to fix it :) I do but I need to be physically present in the car :)
  • d900man
    Apprentice Seeker
    Oh well looks like it will have to stay broken then. Cheers for your help with it
    I don't think renault knows how to fix it :) I do but I need to be physically present in the car :)