Phone and TomTom won't connect

JasonSpencer
JasonSpencer Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi. Bought this yesterday as I'm a coach driver and wanted to be ahead of traffic as I often enter Birmingham.

Only the Satnav says it's unable to connect to my phone after I try to tether them. I can't work out what is wrong. My phone tethers to other devices like my coach perfectly fine yet cannot connect to this.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    edited November 2021
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Is the phone tethered to the coach at the same time? Bluetooth can only have one data connection open at a time. You can try tethering your phone to the TomTom via WiFi if you need to be also tethered to your coach with a bluetooth data connection.
  • JasonSpencer
    JasonSpencer Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I've done what the link says and still nothing. I disconnected my phone from my watch so nothing was connected and had the same result.
  • Jutuiz
    Jutuiz Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    My Phone is connected to my Garmin watch, to my car (media, phone) , to my Plantronics headset (phone) and tethered to my TT Go Discover.

All at the same time, and all on bluetooth.

So it can done.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Jutuiz wrote: »
    My Phone is connected to my Garmin watch, to my car (media, phone) , to my Plantronics headset (phone) and tethered to my TT Go Discover.

All at the same time, and all on bluetooth.

So it can done.
    Yes, that's fine. You have an audio connection and a streaming media connection. The TomTom uses a data connection, so it's a different type of connection. The Garmin watch does occasionally use data but just a short spurt via an app so it shouldn't be an issue.
  • RemyWeckx
    RemyWeckx Registered Users Posts: 16
    Master Explorer
    Hi, last week ive bought the tomtom discover 7. Now i am having a small problem with the gps. It seems he wont connect the bleutooth with my Phone, tried 2 connect with 2 other Phone s all samsung. Thus morning i tried again with my friends iPhone and he immedietly connected. My Phone S9, my wif e s Phone S8+ and the other was an S9+.