Routing errors - Go Discover 7

edmac
edmac Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
My Go Discover 7 has failed me twice. The first time it tried to reroute me, adding 120 miles in distance, the second it tried to take me around in circles repeatedly...... Because I always critically examine things, and disregard those that really don't make sense, this was irritating rather than disastrous. If I was totally dependant it would have been very bad - what's going on?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    Hi
    @edmac
    Without giving personal details... is it possible to post examples of the two problematic journeys ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • edmac
    edmac Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi YamFazman,

The circular route was 30/10/21 leaving Teignmouth, Devon, destination Exeter. Out of Teignmouth on Mill Lane - Shepherds Lane, right onto Old Walls Hill, acute left (1st junction) just before B3192, 1st right then 1st right back onto Old Walls and then around again!.

Reroute was 24th Sept Leaving Kyle of Tongue, destination Lockerbie. Just past Lairg it re-routed right (ignored!) additional mileage 120 approx - detailed route not known as it seemed illogical!.

Does this help? Thanks for your interest

Ed
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @edmac
    Sorry about the delay getting back....
    Just checked using my GO Discover & the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Teignmouth, Mill Lane --> Exeter....
    And
    St Andrew's Church Tongue --> Lockerbie... Both routes seem to be OK

Stay safe... ATB YFM