Sports Connect app won't open on MAC OS X Catalina v10.15.7

j_hc1
j_hc1 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
The Sports Connect app has suddenly stopped working - crashes on opening, window appears then disappears immediately. No system changes in the meantime, Apple Mac, Catalina. Any ideas why this could be

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hello @j_hc1,

Sadly, to report that TomTom is no more supporting Sports devices, making new ones or such. It is no more in production and all servers are down.

It would be best to get a new watch :)
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Hello @j_hc1,

Sadly, to report that TomTom is no more supporting Sports devices, making new ones or such. It is no more in production and all servers are down.

It would be best to get a new watch :)

This is an incorrect answer and you keep using it. They do support the devices through these forums, but since production stopped they are all now out of warranty. The app continues to be supported as it is used by all devices and is the only way for the Golfer watches to connect to the servers. The servers are also not down and have not been.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    j_hc1 wrote: »
    The Sports Connect app has suddenly stopped working - crashes on opening, window appears then disappears immediately. No system changes in the meantime, Apple Mac, Catalina. Any ideas why this could be

It could be bad data in the app or a phone update of some kind is impacting it (small changes are regularly made to the phone OS without a system wide update). Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling a fresh version? You will then need to reconnect your watch. Here are the instructions along with the link to the Conenct software download:

You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002556519
  • RafaelVivan
    RafaelVivan Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker

I have the exact same problem... and we're talking about the Mac OS version of TomTom Sports Connect, not the iPhone iOS app. Does someone else have this problem???
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser

I have the exact same problem... and we're talking about the Mac OS version of TomTom Sports Connect, not the iPhone iOS app. Does someone else have this problem???

@lampard Any idea if there is a connectivity with the TT Sports servers and Mac OS?
  • j_hc1
    Apprentice Seeker
    New information: I have installed Sports Connect on a Laptop - Windows 10 - and it works fine, including sharing data to the servers such that the results are visible on mysports.tomtom.com. So the problem appears to be linked to the Mac (Catalina 10.15.7) or associated back-end.
  • RafaelVivan
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello everyone!
    Any news about this issue? The app is still not working in my Mac OS Catalina. Tks!!!
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Hello everyone!
    Any news about this issue? The app is still not working in my Mac OS Catalina. Tks!!!

TT Sports has been out of business for 4 years and discontinued all products so it is probably at the bottom of their priority list and may never be fixed. You can always sync through a phone.
  • j_hc1
    Apprentice Seeker
    No updates. Still not working. I will update via a PC until that stops too ... :-(
  • RafaelVivan
    Apprentice Seeker
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

TT Sports has been out of business for 4 years and discontinued all products so it is probably at the bottom of their priority list and may never be fixed. You can always sync through a phone.

This kind of answer is simply unacceptable coming from a company as big as Tomtom.
    We all know that the product and/or software may be discontinued, but simply stop working in a specific OS without any formal statement does not seem to be right. TT should inform all users with something like 'hey all TT Sports users, from YYYY-MM-DD on, the Sports app will no longer work with the OS A, B or all of them...'. At least the software could give us a message about not working anymore.
    I know I can sync through my phone, but I still hope that they fix this issue or at least make an official statement about it.
    Tks for the replies!!!
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

This kind of answer is simply unacceptable coming from a company as big as Tomtom.
    We all know that the product and/or software may be discontinued, but simply stop working in a specific OS without any formal statement does not seem to be right. TT should inform all users with something like 'hey all TT Sports users, from YYYY-MM-DD on, the Sports app will no longer work with the OS A, B or all of them...'. At least the software could give us a message about not working anymore.
    I know I can sync through my phone, but I still hope that they fix this issue or at least make an official statement about it.
    Tks for the replies!!!

It is not that it will never be fixed but I can't imagine updating an app for a single OS (and the smaller one they supported) for a discontinued failed product line that very few people still use in a division that went out business 4 years ago is high on the list of priorities for TomTom. And as far as I know it is still working for most users as this is the single thread regarding the issue. Have you contacted support through Chat to ask them (there is no phone support) as this may be unique to your machine settings?
  • FernandoLMangino
    FernandoLMangino Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited November 2021
    Up to last week, TomTom Sports Connect app was starting imidiatly after I connected my watch to my MacBook, but today it does not start, I've try it several times, cleaned connectors, but it doesn't start.
  • FernandoLMangino
    Apprentice Seeker
    TomTom Sports Connect app version 3.3.9
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

Other Mac users have indicated they are also having issues syncing so it may be something changed in the OS which is now blocking TT. In that case, your only option may be to use the phone app as TT Sports went out of business 4 years ago and the product line is obsolete so thy may not update Connect to match the latest OS version.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    Thanks, @tfarabaugh for pointing it out!

There's a migration going on at the backend which will involve some downtime. I'll post back here once it's complete.

Best, lampard

• FernandoLMangino
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your detailed message and I'll answer it as detailed as yours. Sorry of my spelling or syntax, since my language is Spanish and even if I speak the language, I'm not very good in writing in English.

I have more than three years with this watch, with no problems until yesterday.

1) I've connected the the watch in both ports of my 2012 MacBook Pro, running on MacOS 10.15.7 that was updated a couple of days ago. Maybe, that could be the problem, that TomTom Sports Connect app is not compatible any more with this version of Catalina MacOS..

2) Both port works OK with other devices.

3) Yes, the link worked OK, until 2 weeks ago. Last week I didn't run, updated MacOS in last weekend and restarted on Monday. Tuesday is when I got the problem.

4) No, both USB ports are working OK when I plug in different devices.

5) I can start the Sports Connect, It opens a page with part of the configuration of the normal page and after 5 to 10 seconds, it closes de program.

6) I installed directly for the download page tomtom.com/123, since couple of years ago, and it was working OK up to two weeks ago, the last time I downloaded information from my watch, before the last MacOS update, after that download, TomTom.com/123 is not running.

7) Yes, I do.

8) I have no firewall or anti virus installed in my computer.

9) My Internet connection is through optic fiber and I've been working with it for several months without a problem with other programs.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    There does seem to be some issue going on with MacOS. See Lampard's response in the post below:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1786913#Comment_1786913
  • RafaelVivan
    Apprentice Seeker
    lampard wrote: »
    Thanks, @tfarabaugh for pointing it out!

There's a migration going on at the backend which will involve some downtime. I'll post back here once it's complete.

Best, lampard

Finally a more concrete answer, despite the fact it's still not working. Does TT have a time frame for this migration???

Thank you very much, Lampard!
    Regards!!!
  • alxnagle
    alxnagle Registered Users Posts: 0
    New Seeker
    edited November 2021
    The square Tomtom window flashes white/blank for a millisec and then nothing when I plug my watch in or try to open the Tomtom app. How can I resolve.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    edited November 2021
    Hi everyone,

We've opened an internal ticket for the Sport Connect application crashing on MAC OS X Catalina (v10.15.7 update specifically). I'll post back here once I know more.

Best, lampard
  • TommyTil
    TommyTil Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    The same problem exists with My Drive Connect using Mac book pro OS Catalina 10.15.7 is TomTom going to rectify the problem as it has been going on for some time now or is it down to Apple to get it sorted? I have deleted app and reinstalled, still the same.
  • Leen_23
    Leen_23 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sadly I have the same problem. I use my device, runner 2, in combination with the app Trenara. I use the online environment to update my specific trainings into the watch. This is only possible via my macbook (i don't have a windows computer), it doesn't work via the android app.
    I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but no use :( .
  • TommyTil
    TommyTil Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Whoop Whoop, Apple update just cured the problem. One happy bunny.
  • RafaelVivan
    Apprentice Seeker
    TommyTil wrote: »
    Whoop Whoop, Apple update just cured the problem. One happy bunny.

Yay, just had the Software Updated and now it's back working!!!

The Update is: Security Update 2021-008 (Catalina) - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212981

Direct Download Link: https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/002-31089-20211207-DAABD443-A610-4522-A54D-3EEFCE16EA81/SecUpd2021-008CatalinaManual.dmg

Thanks everyone for the support!!! Cheers from Brazil!!!
  • j_hc1
    Apprentice Seeker
    It works for me now too!