maps from SD card to new Go Supreme

Maureen_Denny68
Maureen_Denny68 Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I have a GO750 but was advised it was no longer supported so I purchased a new GO Supreme. I use these devices for travelling overseas. I had purchased North American and UK/Europe maps which I downloaded on to an SD card and installed in the GO750. Now I have installed that card into the new GO Supreme but it doesn't seem to be reading the card. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,858
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Maureen_Denny68

Maps supplied with or bought for a particular device are linked to the devices serial number so will not work in any other device.

Your GO Supreme will have been supplied with the map for the Region it was purchased in. It also comes with the facility to add Free of charge maps of just about all the other countries TT do.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add

You can now browse through the lists of maps to find the ones you need.

The unit has 16gb of internal memory so you need to add a fresh memory card up to 32gb should you need more memory space. If you no longer have a use for the card you are trying to use the put it in your PC and do a full format on it back to Fat32.

You could always load a map when required and delete it once used as you can always reload it if you need it again bearing in mind the unit must always have 1 map on it at any time. One other advantage is if for example you were coming to the U.K. you only need to download the U.K. maps required and not the whole of Europe or even the whole of the U.K.

Doug
  • Maureen_Denny68
    Maureen_Denny68 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Doug. That really helps a lot. Really appreciate it.
    Maureen