Windows Code 56 error MyDrive Connect

charlesbg
charlesbg Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited November 2021 in MyDrive Connect
I have re-installed MyDrive Connect but still get the following message in Device Manager: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56). I am on Windows 10. What can I do?

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    Hi @charlesbg

Welcome to the Community! Have you tried reinstalling the device driver on your PC? Follow the steps below and see if it helps:
    • Connect your device to the computer and turn it on. Look at the device to see if it has the symbol which indicates it is connected to a computer.
    • Open Device Manager. Click on the icon next to Network Adapters. The device may show here as TomTom.
      (If you do not find it here, click on the icon on the left of Universal Serial Bus Controllers. The device will show up as an unknown device or as a mass storage device. To determine which the correct device is, you can disconnect the device and the respective icon should disappear.)
    • Locate the malfunctioning device in the list of devices, right-click the device, and then click Uninstall >click OK. The device manager uninstalls the device.
    • Once the driver is uninstalled, disconnect your device and restart your computer. Connect your device to a different USB port (with the device still switched off)
    • Press and hold the power button until your device switches on. The computer should now install the driver.
    Best, lampard
  • charlesbg
    charlesbg Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Lampard, but that doesn't work for me. The TomTom icon still has a yellow triangle superimposed in Device Manager. The TomTom Driver version is 6.0.6000.16384 dated 21/4/09, not digitally signed. But the driver file details are: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\usb80236.sys Does this seem right? The MyDrive Connect folder sits in C:\Program Files (x86)\.