No maps found on GO 730

Yon71
Yon71 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited November 2021 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Trying this question as it seems to be closest to my problem.

Hadn't used my GO730 for a while, switched it on and it didn't work, no GPS. Then I remembered there was an update, a time fix I think, so downloaded and installed Home. Connected and the fix was applied, but then GO730 reports No Maps Found.

Followed instructions for No Maps Found, however no map offered in Home.

Dug out old computer from back of cupboard, loaded up Home, and it offered a restore from February 2019. Hurrah! Sadly not, having restored it still says No Maps Found :(

Is there anything I can do to get my GO730 working again? I know the maps are now out of date and I can't buy a new map, but I mostly drive where I know, so the time I need new roads is very rare.

This discussion was created from comments split from: TomTom issue you cannot use this map on this device.

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    Answer ✓
    Thanks @Yon71 !

I added the old UK map to your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    Hi @Yon71

Welcome to the Community! What maps were installed on your 730 device? UK or US?

Best, lampard
  • Yon71
    New Seeker
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Yon71

Welcome to the Community! What maps were installed on your 730 device? UK or US?

Best, lampard

Hi, thanks, sorry, it's a UK 730
  • lampard
    Answer ✓
    Thanks @Yon71 !

I added the old UK map to your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

Best, lampard
  • Yon71
    New Seeker
    Thanks @Yon71 !

Best, lampard

Thanks, checked old computer and map now showing. Downloaded to device, installed Home on new computer and created full backup, checked full map folder was saved. So past the "no maps found" problem and it is showing a UK map, just not local to me (as no fix).

"Waiting for a valid GPS source..." Have set on windowsill to leave it for a while to see if it picks up the signal, or does it need a fix downloaded in Home (there weren't any further updates pending).

Cheers again
  • Yon71
    New Seeker
    Yon71 wrote: »
    Thanks @Yon71 !

Best, lampard

Thanks, checked old computer and map now showing. Downloaded to device, installed Home on new computer and created full backup, checked full map folder was saved. So past the "no maps found" problem and it is showing a UK map, just not local to me (as no fix).

"Waiting for a valid GPS source..." Have set on windowsill to leave it for a while to see if it picks up the signal, or does it need a fix downloaded in Home (there weren't any further updates pending).

Cheers again

For anyone else reading, took a while but now picking up 6 satellites while sitting in front of the window :)
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @Yon71

It is usually much quicker if you are well away from Buildings and Trees with a clear view of the sky all around.

Doug