Can I transfer speed cameras to another device?

Doug_Dread
Doug_Dread Registered Users Posts: 39
Master Explorer
Hi.
My TomTom Go 1050 is not longer supported but my Speed Camera function is valid until 19 February 2022.

I acquired a used Go 5000 to replace the Go 1050, but its Speed Camera function has already expired.

I wish to transfer the remainder of my Speed Camera function which I have paid for, from my Go 1050 to my new Go 5000.

How do I do this?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi Doug_Dread,

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

You may try to contact support via email or live chat if they are open,

Use above link, there will be a red chat box, click it, type talk to agent, if ti asked you to sign in, sign in, it may refresh the page a few times. theni t will go back to chat.

It will ask do you want to send a email? Press yes,

Shawn
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Doug_Dread

You indicated previously that you had been advised that your GO1005 was obsolete but subsequently managed to get Live Services which you indicate expires in Feb. I don’t think a GO1005 that was okay when you got that sub is now obsolete as not all versions of that device are obsolete.

If you want to see if you can transfer the subscription then you need to contact Tomtom Customer Support via Chat, not Chatbot, and ask them if it can be done.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/new-snow-chain-requirements-in-france.249975/

Doug
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Doug_Dread I wouldn't recommend using that as your primary GPS unit as they are no more supporting this device for map updates or such.

It is unsafe and lifetime means for the lifetime of the device. Some devices after some years are too old for the fast and new technologies.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Do consider the AmiGO and the iOS/Android/AppGallery TomTom go apps :)

Shawn
  • Doug_Dread
    Master Explorer
    Hi Doug_Dread,

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Use above link, there will be a red chat box, click it, type talk to agent, if ti asked you to sign in, sign in, it may refresh the page a few times. theni t will go back to chat.

Shawn

I sent an email to Support using a reply related to a previous discussion. Awaiting a response. Thank you.
  • Doug_Dread
    Master Explorer
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Doug_Dread

You indicated previously that you had been advised that your GO1005 was obsolete but subsequently managed to get Live Services which you indicate expires in Feb. I don’t think a GO1005 that was okay when you got that sub is now obsolete as not all versions of that device are obsolete.

If you want to see if you can transfer the subscription then you need to contact Tomtom Customer Support via Chat, not Chatbot, and ask them if it can be done.

Doug

MyDrive says its no longer supported and won't allow me to update it or indeed do anything but click on link taking me to an obsolete devices page.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Doug_Dread wrote: »
    Hi Doug_Dread,

Shawn

I sent an email to Support using a reply related to a previous discussion. Awaiting a response. Thank you.

You're most welcome, you will get a email shortly from them that it is assigned to an internal case number or something.

You may reply at any time, don't edit any of the headers or #.

Be sure to have all documents at ready :)

Have a great day!

Shawn