V beta 8.209.0 starts in aerial view and not in driving view — TomTom Discussions

V beta 8.209.0 starts in aerial view and not in driving view

Narmonono
Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 178
Supreme Navigator
Hello moderators,
Since version 8.209.0 amigo on the screen of the car with Android auto, starts in aerial view and not in driving view.

Can you make it come back as before and that as soon as AmiGo opens on the car screen thanks to Android auto, the view is for driving?
Thank you in advance for your return.

Comments

• rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 177
    Exalted Navigator
    I agree. Or make An option for it to let user decide in settings for this one. I Prefer also driving view.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    The zoom level of TT Go suffers from that issue a long time and still no sultion
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,740
    Hi @Narmonono
    Since version 8.209.0 amigo on the screen of the car with Android auto, starts in aerial view and not in driving view.
    Do you see the World globe instead of the driving chevron? Can you check if the driving mode is in 3D (Settings >Driving view > change to 3D)?

Defining better zoom level depending on the driving situation is certainly an area we’d like to focus and the team is working to improve this.

Best, lampard
  • rabero1985
    Exalted Navigator
    edited November 2021
    @lampard ,
    Some screenshots to explain. These are from the app but it's the same in AA.
    In AA Amigo Starts in this screen and remain if no route is set
    3i4bax6vft85.jpg

In the app it switch to this 'drive screen' after x seconds with no route set but in AA it doesn't.
    c6jew32yr5ma.jpg

So would it be possible to make An option to start in AA in second screenshot screen.
    Thx

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Pls have also a look at the iOS version of Amigo. This issue is also occurring a long while over there, but no reaction or update concerning that issue. This make the iOS version rather unuasable
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    edited November 2021
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Narmonono
    Do you see the World globe instead of the driving chevron? Can you check if the driving mode is in 3D (Settings >Driving view > change to 3D)?

Defining better zoom level depending on the driving situation is certainly an area we’d like to focus and the team is working to improve this.

Best, lampard

Thank you for your reply.

Everything is well explained by rabero1985 and to answer the other questions, I have the 3D option enabled.
    Besides, I didn't change anything in the settings before installing version 8.209.0 so it comes from version.

Besides, the latest version 8.210 did not solve the problem!

I hope you will find a solution because it is really annoying and it is one of the reasons that I do not use Go navigation.
    But I have no doubt that you will fix the problem.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator

Here is a photo of my car screen after opening AmiGo

ktsiy0pef1tr.jpg
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    Do you have information from your teams to know if this problem can be solved?
    Thank you in advance for your answer.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    I just installed version 8.223 and amigo always starts with the map in aerial view and not with the road view!
    Could you change that?
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    Hello,
    Following the update to version 8.227,
    AmiGo goes into automatic driving mode!
    👍
  • rabero1985
    Exalted Navigator
    I can confirm this in 8.227 beta.
    Amigo Starts in overview and when I start driving it goes to driving mode in AA.
    Well done and thank you 👍
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    After use I got the view which stayed on the aerial view without going to the road view.
    I had to unplug the phone to fix it.
  • rabero1985
    Exalted Navigator
    Indeed. When I arrive on destination and tap on x to close it stays in overview. Maybe it's possible to automatic stop navigation at destination and just stay in driving mode.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    For me too, as soon as the button of the cross is pressed, the view remains on the aerial view!
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    edited December 2021
    Hello moderators,
    I wanted to know if the problem of AmiGo which remains in aerial view after pressing the cross when you have finished a navigation will soon be improved?