Problem connecting Traffic & Smartphone messages

Keralagreen
Keralagreen Registered Users Posts: 21
Master Explorer
I have spent Hours & Hours trying to connect my iPhone 13 pro to my Tom Tom Rider 550 it connects OK and I can transfer routes from Mydrive on Apple Mac & my iPhone but no matter what I do it is unable to connect to data for traffic & other services the same with Smartphone messages I have looked at all the videos and read all the forums but cannot get these 2 issues sorted, Help please, but bear in mind I am not particlarly Tech Savvy

Best Answer

• kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi there @Keralagreen -

Since the Bluetooth/MyDrive app data pairing issue regarding iOS 13+ operating systems on Apple iPhones, I have directly paired my Rider 500 to my iPhone and have received traffic/camera data perfectly for the last 2 years. This is what I did:

1. - Deleted the MyDrive app on my iPhone
    2. - Deleted old Bluetooth pairings of the Rider on my iPhone
    3. - Connected the Rider to my iPhone over Bluetooth through the standard way
    4. - Installed the MyDrive app -
    5. - DID NOT pair my Rider through Bluetooth via the MyDrive app
    6. - Have personal hotspot on my iPhone turned ON (Bluetooth and USB only - you need to have WiFi disabled on an iPhone to do this)
    -Some of the above information has been reproduced from JURES, another forum contributor.

I personally just use the MyDrive app (signed in to my account) just to send routes/destinations to my Rider - but -
    JUST DON’T PAIR your Rider via Bluetooth within the MyDrive app!

What this entails on users particular devices operating under iOS 13+ is that they have currently lost the ability to receive stable text/phone call information/answer calls on their Rider navigation screen. I have also paired my Sena 5s communication system directly to my iPhone with no combined issues.

Answers

• kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi there @Keralagreen -

Since the Bluetooth/MyDrive app data pairing issue regarding iOS 13+ operating systems on Apple iPhones, I have directly paired my Rider 500 to my iPhone and have received traffic/camera data perfectly for the last 2 years. This is what I did:

1. - Deleted the MyDrive app on my iPhone
    2. - Deleted old Bluetooth pairings of the Rider on my iPhone
    3. - Connected the Rider to my iPhone over Bluetooth through the standard way
    4. - Installed the MyDrive app -
    5. - DID NOT pair my Rider through Bluetooth via the MyDrive app
    6. - Have personal hotspot on my iPhone turned ON (Bluetooth and USB only - you need to have WiFi disabled on an iPhone to do this)
    -Some of the above information has been reproduced from JURES, another forum contributor.

I personally just use the MyDrive app (signed in to my account) just to send routes/destinations to my Rider - but -
    JUST DON’T PAIR your Rider via Bluetooth within the MyDrive app!

What this entails on users particular devices operating under iOS 13+ is that they have currently lost the ability to receive stable text/phone call information/answer calls on their Rider navigation screen. I have also paired my Sena 5s communication system directly to my iPhone with no combined issues.
  • Keralagreen
    Keralagreen Registered Users Posts: 21
    Master Explorer
    Hi Kieron
    Thanks for that it seems to work (will have to try it on the fly) can transfer routes, traffic looks ok, can receive phone calls and text messages and more importantly receive direction instructions