Transfer to new product

Tejec
Tejec Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
I have just downloaded the TomTom Go phone app which I have to use on my new car but previously had to use an in-car Mazda TomTom SD card service with an annual charge for map updates.

How do I convert what I have already paid for with the Mazda SD card updates via TomTom Home to the phone app or do I have to lose the annual fee paid for the Mazda map updates?

I have tried to link my phone to the account but cant seem to find a way to do so.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    @Tejec
    All world maps can be downloaded free of charge on the Tomtom Go phone application.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Willy875 wrote: »
    @Tejec
    All world maps can be downloaded free of charge on the Tomtom Go phone application.

Willy, they aren't' free, you have to pay for the GO subscription.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Tejec wrote: »
    I have just downloaded the TomTom Go phone app which I have to use on my new car but previously had to use an in-car Mazda TomTom SD card service with an annual charge for map updates.

How do I convert what I have already paid for with the Mazda SD card updates via TomTom Home to the phone app or do I have to lose the annual fee paid for the Mazda map updates?

I have tried to link my phone to the account but cant seem to find a way to do so.

It would be best to contact TomTom Support, they will be able to help you with this transiting. As this involved personal data, they are best for this.

There isn't sadly phone support due to high demands.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Click the red box chat, type in talk to agent, press email, if it is loading a page or the generic support page, wait, it will refresh.