Go Premier X will not connect to Laptop

Rolando_Furioso1
Rolando_Furioso1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My new Go Premier X will not connect to Laptop. I can use the WiFi feature but I am not able to connect to the laptop with the Cable. Is there a special trick to make it work?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,952
    Hi @Rolando_Furioso1

Welcome to the Community! See this comment here from YamFazMan, Option... (2) Connected USB

Best, lampard
  • Rolando_Furioso1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello lampard. Sorry but clicking on your link led to "Permission problem" :'(
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Hi @Rolando_Furioso1

The GO Premium is designed to be managed without the need for a PC except in exceptional circumstances or you have no Wifi as you have a Wired system, possibly for health reasons. In the event that you have no Wifi the routine is you Start My Drive Connect software on your PC then connect the device using the USB. When you do this all you will see is a screen on the PC saying do it the fast way. At this point you then use the menu options on the Device to manage updates etc as the connection to the PC is purely a facility to enable connection to the Internet.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @Rolando_Furioso1
    Welcome to the site...
    When you are updating your GO Premium... If you prefer to use the Menu structure of MyDrive Connect instead of the Menu structure on the device ....
    See my workaround Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Rolando_Furioso1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello YamFazMan. My number one issue that i cannot et past the first step. My Device just cannot connect to the mac laptop that I have.

ch4o186bsf3x.png