How long for map fixes to appear

scubaal
scubaal Registered Users Posts: 53
Legendary Explorer
I have ben repting a problem with a back-road in NSW for 12 months through Mapshare. The error in the road causes IoS Go to do a 75km detour as it thinks the road is not connected(it is).
Mapshare says the issues I have reported are 'fixed' - but the map is still wrong in IoS Go. I have the latest NSW map as of this morning - AND the road is still visibly wrong.
How long does it take for an issue 'fixed' in Mapshare to appear in a corrected map? 12 months is ridiculous.

Comments

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Welcome to the club of people that suffer from the update policy - if any - of the TT maps on the apps. This issue has been raised endlessly and one make promises that with certain maps all issues vanish, but nothing really changes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @scubaal Can you provide me with the road, city name and coordinates if possible?

Also, a brief explanation what is the issue, I will try to report it and see what I get back on the dashboard.

Thanks,
  • scubaal
    Legendary Explorer
    @Shawnloveshorses_161 thanks for the reply. I have been trying to get this fixed for over a year.

You dont even needs a detailed address to see the problem. Just a route between suburbs will show it up.

Try the following route from
    Monash, ACT
    -to
    Huskisson, NSW

The quickest route *should* be via Tarago and Nerriga. Every other app (Google, Apple) recognises this. For some reason TomTom routing things there is something *wrong* with the road between Nerriga and Sassafras and routes round via Goulburn - adding 75km and 45 minutes.
    The road used to be unsealed (dirt) but was fully sealed over 3 years ago. There is no reason to route around and no other app does this. its incredibly frustrating because there is no way in the Mapshare app to see if it thinks a road is sealed or not - or whether thats the reason its choosing a different route.

Regardless of the reason TomTom is wrong and has been for 2 years and no-one seems to care.
  • scubaal
    Legendary Explorer
    Here's the route to try to see the problem. You can see it in Mydrive and Go so its the maps that are wrong not the app.

h047o4sw6r94.png
  • scubaal
    Legendary Explorer
    Here's the problem:
    TomTom thinks the road is CLOSED around Oallen:

y6mw79dljsdh.png

Goole says it isnt:

l0188abja8tg.png
  • scubaal
    Legendary Explorer
    update - seems on that ONE SPECIFIC day the road was closed (doh) - now it isnt. Even TomToma agrees it sint - but still routes around it like it has for the last 2 years. this is SO frustrating.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    It seems @scubaal that the road is no more closed though it may have been a data supplier issue, it could be that or something else. Though it seems to be all working on Bing Maps/Windows Maps and TomTom MyDrive!