Speed Camera Alerts

bobskboo
bobskboo Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Speed camera alerts stopped working for weeks, started working again, stopped again. My subscription is due for renewal in a few days but I think I'll cancel it.
All the settings are correct, I've followed all the relevant help pages and instructions and have even reset my device.
Tagged:

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,953
    HI @bobskboo

Can you try the below steps for me and see if this helps?
    • Connect the device to the computer and update it using MyDrive Connect. On MyDrive Connect, go to My Content > My Speed Cameras.
    • If you see Speed Cameras for Andorra installed, click on it and Uninstall. Once done, check for updates on the device. You'll also see all the speed cameras available for installation for the map currently installed on your device. You need to just select the country you wish to install and then select 'Download/Install'.
    Give it a test run after this and make sure you have the alert settings enabled. Hope this helps!

Best, lampard
  • bobskboo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Lampard. I have taken Andorra off, using MyDrive Connect - or, I think so, I find MyDrive Connect somewhat uncertain and servers are often busy - and have updated the cameras via Wifi directly in my Go Basic device, unticking every country except the UK (what a lot of unticking!). Is that what you intended?

I'll find out on a trip this afternoon whether it has worked and will report back.

(Unfortunately, of course, there is now a permanent update notice on the device because of the unticked countries but I expect that's unavoidable)
  • bobskboo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you, it worked - I drove past two places locally that I know have cameras, which TomTom flagged up successfully. I only hope the fix is permanent this time. Two questions:

1. At updates, do users have to untick every country except the UK, or is unticking Andorra enough?

2. Do users have to put up with permanent "update available" messages on the device (because a country or some countries have not been updated) or is there a way round it?

• bobskboo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Since the last update and signing up to the new monthly subscription for speed camera updates, cameras have disappeared again. I removed Andorra again and it showed a camera on a route I entered so, success again - but the same questions apply:

1. At updates, do users have to untick every country except the UK, or is unticking Andorra enough?

2. Do users then have to put up with permanent "update available" messages on the device (because a country or some countries have not been updated) or is there a way round it?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,953
    Hi @bobskboo
    bobskboo wrote: »
    We only have an issue with Andorra Speed camera files. So installing cameras of other countries should not change anything.
    2. Do users then have to put up with permanent "update available" messages on the device (because a country or some countries have not been updated) or is there a way around it?
    It's an ongoing issue but let me check if there's anything that can be done about the update message. I'll post back here.

Best, lampard
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    Hi
    @bobskboo
    (Snip)Do users then have to put up with permanent "update available" messages on the device (because a country or some countries have not been updated) or is there a way round it?
    qs98grybwufh.jpg
    If you get a 'Update Pending' Splash bar at the bottom of the screen....
    Place your finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe Down, the Bar Closes and the device operates normally....
    Or place a finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe UP the Splash bar expands with more info about the available updates....

Stay safe... ATB YFM