some important issues

grzes
grzes Registered Users Posts: 7
New Seeker
what to do to get information about some issues?
1. Wrong arrival time for long distance 500-700 km. Diference is 2-3 hours
2. I can't set my personal limit for highway- i prefer drive slower then max speed
3. I can't set travel brakes after e.g 180km for 15 min

Comments

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Do you have examples for the first matter?
  • grzes
    New Seeker
    i listed three. did you read all my message?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @grzes

Did you read his question. He asked for examples of the first problem you mentioned.

Doug
  • grzes
    New Seeker
    1. Wrong arrival time for long distance 500-700 km. Diference is 2-3 hours
  • grzes
    New Seeker
    examples are included in my question.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @grzes

A start and finish for the journey would help along with more information on where or how you see a difference in the arrival time.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    grzes wrote: »
    examples are included in my question.
    I was trying to help in order to see whether or not it’s a general problem. In order to do this, more details on departure location, date and time + arrival location is needed.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,349
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    When driving below the limit, the arrival time is automatically recalculated.
  • grzes
    New Seeker
    e.g route from Warsaw to Vienna, 682 km, estimated time 7 hours, real time about 10 hours together with stops
    next rote from Vienna to Obereggen (Tyrol) estimated time 5.30, real time about 8.00 hours
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Tried things out in several route planners:
    Warsaw to Vienna
    Google maps: 671km, 7h10
    Here wego: 672 km, 7h16
    TT mydrive: 681 km, 6h38 incl 2 mins delay or 690 km, 7h10

Vienna to Obereggen Italy
    Google maps: 607 km, 6h36
    Here wego: 605 km, 6h28
    TT mydrive: 608 km, 6h07 incl 4 mins delay or 667 km, 7h16 incl 4 mins delay

Resuming, none of the route planners show the long travel times you claim. It is rather obvious that any of the planners can take stops into account as they can’t know how long you wish to pause nor at what speed you want to drive.
    I have to admit though that the TT mydrive times are a bit on the positive side and I wonder if the aren’t too theoretical.

• grzes
    New Seeker
    real time is without stops, it is only driving time.
    estimation is wrong even on standard road when I drive faster then maximum, the arriving time increases. I checked it on several sections of longer routes, estimation is wrong.
    your calculation based on current comparisons, but I'm taking about my tracks and my experience.

I need from navigation:
    - estimation with taking into account traffic,
    - estimation with taking into account my personal speed- history
    - would be nice to enter in configuration stops
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    All I can say that, based on the examples above, TT doesn't differ that much from the other major navigation tools although the TT time is a bit on the rosy side.
    I wonder if there's any customer navigation tool/device that can achieve your wish list. In the 15 years I'm using navigation devices/tools, I didn't encounter any yet.
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
    Supreme Trailblazer
    edited October 2021
    TTGo is really to optimistic. I was writing about it sometime ago - my examples: Kraków (PL) -> Giessen (D) - 7:54 vs 9:26 (GoogleMaps) - exactly the same road, 923 km, last week I was driving this trip - Google ETA is much more realistic, Kraków(PL) -> Zagreb(HR) through SK and HU - TTGo - 8:09 vs 8:50 (GoogleMaps). On long trips TTGo ETA calulations are not so good. Everything above 100 km start to be more optimistic (another example - Kraków (PL) -> Sandomierz(PL) 2:24 vs 2:30 (GoogleMaps) - the same road) - it starts from the minutes but rises to hours. It seems that TTGo calculates ETA on optimistic traffic data not taking into account speed limits (example Wrocław A4/S8 (PL) -> A18/A4 - 101 km, ETA: 51 min which gives avg. speed 119 km/h whereas speed limit there is only 110 km/h. The same calculations from GoogleMaps yield 56 min and avg speed 108 km/h. All ETA calculations were done just before the moment so they are not from the middle of the night.
    From my point of view it is much more comfortable to have rather more pessimistic ETA calculation - planning of the trip, departure and arrival times are much more reliable (if You are lucky or extremely fast then You can make stop for resting to be on time then).
    Nevertheless on short distances ETA calc. are very good.
  • grzes
    New Seeker
    My observations are similar.
    Probably in short distance diverence is in minutes and it seems to be ok, but probably can be 20-30% difference
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    It can be also the other way. I've encountered many times the situation was in reality better that the calculated route/ETA. This was always due to these 'IQ-routes' which don't take the real traffic situation into account when that result is less than the IQ one. Not much to do with IQ I guess.