About the Rider 550 wifi screen goes black, and rotates when you want

EA2CGU
EA2CGU Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited October 2021 in RIDER
In operation the screen goes black, and rotates when you want. This error occurs very frequently during the route and it has already happened to me in other Rider 500 devices, they have even changed it to new but the problem is not corrected.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Answers

• EA2CGU
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited October 2021
    I am asking for help because the TomTom home does not solve the problem for me.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    @EA2CGU
    The Rider 4xx/5xx device is designed to switch from Landscape to Portrait as required....
    I find the more Horizontal (Flat) the device is mounted, the more likely the Map display is to flip.... The Top of My Rider 550 is sloping away from me, only a few degrees from vertical....
    To Stop Auto Screen rotation... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Orientation lock... Set to ON

Google Translate....
    El dispositivo Rider 4xx / 5xx está diseñado para cambiar de horizontal a vertical según sea necesario ...
    Encuentro que cuanto más horizontal (plano) está montado el dispositivo, más probable es que la pantalla del mapa se mueva ... La parte superior de My Rider 550 está inclinada hacia afuera, a solo unos pocos grados de la vertical ...
    Para detener la rotación automática de la pantalla ... Toque 4Dot (.... Menú) -> Configuración -> Apariencia -> Pantalla -> Bloqueo de orientación ... Establezca en ON

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jussi_M
    Jussi_M Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    I have this issue in 500 - navigation is on, but then out of the blue the screen goes black and returns maybe 5 to 10 seconds later. Yesterday the whole unit went black and did not recover so needed stop - tapping the screen helped, but the route was gone. headset (Schuberth SC1 reported device lost).

I cant replicate the problem when the unit is turned on, but not connected to the Bluetooth devices so I have a feeling that its bad coding in software. Is there any way to send logs to TomTom for analyses would not want to send the unit for warranty as based on google its a common problem and indeed the season has started.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited April 23
    Hi
    @Jussi_M
    If you are not using the Auto switch from landscape to portrait function? try turning the feature off....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display... Set the 'Orientation lock' option to ON....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • EA2CGU
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited April 24
    The described location of the steps to follow do not match in my browser, but finally I have located the ORIENTATION LOCK. I'll try this situation. Thank you very much for the information.