TomTom Extra care

SNAFU
SNAFU Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited October 2021 in TomTom Services
I have Extra care plus for my TomTom Go Professional Satnav and would like to make a claim. I contacted TomTom by email and my case number is:1361032 but not getting the help I was expecting.
I was using my satnav in my lorry attached to the holder on the windscreen..... when gets a bit cold outside like these days the satnav holder sometimes come off the windscreen and falls off....unfortunately this happened a couple of days ago when I was doing delivery and had open lorry door and as the holder came off it fall on the top of the dashboard, bounced and went down through the open door on the road and screen get completely smashed/damaged....It is still working and I can switch it on and off but the touch screen doesn't work/react so I'm not able to use it.
1st they replayed that they need to check if I'm eligible ...when I said that in the terms and conditions is clearly stated that the care plan also covers accidental damage, they came back that the serial number is not registered with the policy number!?
ok ...now I'm really confused...this is the only lorry satnav I bought directly from TomTom website and at the same time took the extra care insurance for the same satnav...never used any other so don't understand how this can't be the one registered for the extra care insurance...just doesn't make any sense...
I can't find any tel contact number for UK customer service to actually speak with somebody and get help.
Can somebody help what can I do...who to contact etc., please?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Hi @SNAFU
    Unfortunately, there is not much help we can offer on a public forum.
    I have sent a heads-up to our customer service team about your posting on the community.

A quick follow-up should be arranged on your case.

Thanks, Vikram
  • SNAFU
    SNAFU Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello VikramK, thank you very much for your info. I have to say that the customer team I contacted don't give me any update at all.....I'm replaying to the same case number/email trail every single day and asking for an update for my case but since last Monday 25th October nobody responded back at all...I'm seriously thinking now to go to speak with citizen advice bureau and take the case to Financial ombudsman or solicitor to start legal action as I have the extra care contract, damaged satnav but no response from TomTom customer service if they will do something about it or not.
    So far is the worst service I ever received from any company I had to deal with in my life.
    Very disappointed considering how expensive the product is and to see how much they actually cherish their customers.
    It's just really strange that you are not able to even speak with some person from TomTom over the phone .....
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @SNAFU
    SNAFU wrote: »
    (Snip) It's just really strange that you are not able to even speak with some person from TomTom over the phone .....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19, the phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Stay Safe... ATB YFM