Why is Tomtom website so poor.

latham18
latham18 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited October 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have tried to purchase a Discover online but the system failed me four times. I have requested a VAT invoice
with no response. Bots are no good and Tomtom don't seem to have any human staff to respond. I have an email saying that I would get a contact but nothing happened.
Has anyone else experienced this appalling level of 'customer service'. am I missing something somewhere?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    Hi
    @latham18
    Welcome to the site...
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19, the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • latham18
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for the reply. All over the Country people have been vaccinated and gone back to work, with the exception of the Union dominated DVLA. Otherwise people are providing a service from home. What is special about Tomtom. It is an insult to the human psyche that one has to converse with a bot.
    My issues with the mighty Tomtom can only be addressed by a human.
    I have relied exclusively on various Tomtom devices over many years on my working travels around the UK. I can't even buy the Discover online without the sysrem failing.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Due to COVID-19, the phone service has been suspended
    Isn't discontinued a more accurate word to use instead of suspended ?
  • latham18
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the reply. All over the Country people have been vaccinated and gone back to work, with the exception of the Union dominated DVLA. Otherwise people are providing a service from home. What is special about Tomtom. It is an insult to the human psyche that one has to converse with a bot.
    My issues with the mighty Tomtom can only be addressed by a human.
    I have relied exclusively on various Tomtom devices over many years on my working travels around the UK. I can't even buy the Discover on
  • latham18
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have the same trouble. I can't buy the Discover online. Naff all to do with Covid as no humans involved. I two have relied on Tomtom over many years and cannot buy my fourth.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @latham18
    latham18 wrote: »
    (Snip) It is an insult to the human psyche that one has to converse with a bot (Snip) My issues with the mighty Tomtom can only be addressed by a human...
    You don't have to use the Tomtom Bot... Use Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines.... There's a Human on the other end of the Chat line....
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Stay Safe... ATB YFM