lifetime Maps

neilcuts
neilcuts Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a Go Essential that came with Free lifetime maps. I received an email saying my map update is ready to download. It did not appear on my device so I connected to My Drive Connect. This stated "Map subscription expired" Surely this cannot be right if my device came with free lifetime map updates

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @neilcuts

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK or @lampard have say after they have checked your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @neilcuts

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • AlleyB
    AlleyB Tewantin, QueenslandRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    While on the subject of Lifetime Maps, my original TomTom VIA280au was purchased with Lifetime maps in May 2013. It was replaced or repaired, not sure which, but it was given a new serial number in 2015. Notifications keep popping up saying I need to upgrade my old TomTom.
    My question is will the lifetime maps carry over to any new device?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 18
    @AlleyB

.Lifetime cards from one device cannot be transferred to another device.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    [email protected]

Was the repair replacement made by Tomtom. If so I would expect the same lifetime maps facility to apply to the replacement otherwise it is not a direct replacement I suggest that you indicate the last 3 digits of the replacement device here and await to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your account etc.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    AlleyB wrote: »
    Notifications keep popping up saying I need to upgrade my old TomTom.
    My question is will the lifetime maps carry over to any new device?

I already see that you have map update services on your current TomTom linked to your account.

If you are planning to upgrade to a new TomTom, then all our recent models available on our webshop are sold with free map updates [Lifetime of the device].

Thanks,
    Vikram.