SPEED CAMERA ALERTS

johnp99
johnp99 Registered Users Posts: 63
Outstanding Wayfarer
Had message saying my speed camera alerts had expired, thought these were for a lifetime?? it also said scan code with. my phone which I could not do because my phone does not have a scan reader.SO, the question is " do I still have speed camera alerts on my GO5000"

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @johnp99

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say about lifetime Speed Cameras on your device.

Doug
  • johnp99
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    will do Doug and thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    Hi
    @johnp99
    As far as I recall, the GO 5000 was supplied with 3 months free Speed Cameras ??? Perhaps you were still receiving Speed Cam warning from the old database ???
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....
    Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/confirm your Tomtom Account status.....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Hi @johnp99
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check if the message is displayed again.

Regards, Vikram
  • johnp99
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Many thanks, Vikram.All would appear ok at mo and still getting speed camera alerts. For info. My Go5000 was purchased with lifetime map and camera alerts.
  • Mistergb
    Mistergb Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi,all..l done a subscription to Tomtom start25 for speed camera alerts and after l finished to update l checked in the settings where is the speed camera and l ticked for fix and mobile speed camera...my question is,after subscription speed camera alerts and update to satnav do I have to have the icon on the display from speed camera as it was before when I bought satnav and until it expires? . Th you
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

At the end of the subscription, if you do not renew the speed camera service and if you update your map, your speed cameras will be deleted.