Life services on Mazda NB1 not working anymore; anayone can help me out?

Marcel_Mazda_NB1
Marcel_Mazda_NB1 Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
edited October 2021 in Built in car navigation
This summer I renewed Life Services via TomTom website and it has been working Ok for several months.
Also I changed password for TomTom account: Google informed me that the passwords of TomTom accounsts were available on the internet after a hack @ TomTom.

A month ago the Life Services suddenly did not work anymore: Communication errors with TomTom server. the connection is Ok, GPS is Ok and after a restart it is working sometimes for 10 minutes.

I did some research on the TomTom site and did a factory reset of the NB1 device and filled in my TomTom account information again. I can only connect with the old password. Why is the new password not used?
Again I change password of my TomTom account, but still it is not coming through.

Next step was to uninstall TomTom Home and reinstall. I even did install TomTomMyDriveConnect and changed password again. But the problem still remains and old password is still used.

I think that my Life Services are used by another person after using my account name and old password from the internet.

How do I get out of here? Nowadays it is almost impossible to reach someone from TomTom support, since there is no phone or email contact possible anymore.
I think something like un-attach services from my account and then re-attach could solve the problem.
My TomTom Life Services are valid till june 28, 2022!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    To try
    Complete reset to factory settings, then do not log into your tomtom account on the device.
  • Marcel_Mazda_NB1
    New Seeker
    Whats next then?
  • Marcel_Mazda_NB1
    New Seeker
    Ok, the things I just did:
    - cleared the password and put in a dummy
    - reset my NB1 in the car to factory settings
    - did not enable communication (message services won't work...)
    What is next?
  • Marcel_Mazda_NB1
    New Seeker
    What is next?

• Marcel_Mazda_NB1
    New Seeker
    What do I need to do next to get it working?
  • Marcel_Mazda_NB1
    New Seeker
    What is next?

• AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 150
    Exalted Navigator
    edited October 2021
    Never put your account into Sat Nav - then live services should work without logging in. If you log in - they stop working until you do factory reset.

After you do factory reset - agree on commincations etc. but DO NOT populate your account details login/password in the unit

P.S. Same issue was on my Carminat TomTom Live
    It is a shame that TomTom never created new firmware update to remove possibility to enter account details that break live services!
    People still buy services and use devices. Useful life of embedded SatNavs should be at least 15 years, not 3-5 like it happenned as then TomTom "forgets" to update them.