TomTom Carminat Live

Grudge1
Grudge1 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited October 2021 in Built in car navigation
Yesterday I ordered a Europe v10.75 download for my SD card. The order status is in progress, payment status captured...whatever that means. At no point have I been given any indication of when I can proceed with this download or what to do next. I just go round in circles on the web site and cant get onto the chat line
I have decided that as the support from TomTom is so abysmal, I want to cancel this order....but then I face the same problem, How do I do that when the chat line always seems to be unavailable. Is there an email address I can use?

Thank you
Ruth

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    To download your map, you must log into your Tomtom home account then click on update your map.
  • Grudge1
    New Seeker
    Thank you, I've just tried that now and it's telling me that
    We could not find any installed services for your device
    I should add that this is from a second hand 2014 Renault that I have just bought.

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    You have purchased the card with the email address of your Carminat account
  • Grudge1
    New Seeker
    I purchased an update to include Europe maps with my SD card connected to the website at the time. They were aware of my Tomtom reference number and still let me buy an update which it appears cannot be used as my SD card is no longer supported by TomTom
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    If your purchase has not been allocated to your Carminat account, the card will not be available on your tomtom home account. Come back soon the moderator @VikramK will look
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Hi @Grudge1
    Welcome to the to community! It seems you were able to install the ordered map after contacting our customer service team.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Thanks, Vikram.
  • Grudge1
    New Seeker
    Yes, thank you Vikram, it seems the best way to contact customer services is via the TomTom Facebook page.