Why will it not recognize device with red cross

gilb_gezi80
gilb_gezi80 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
tomtom520 had a red cross and wire and despite several resets still unable to restore. when connected to mydrive it kept crashing after restoring to 100% and kept going over the same sequence.
decided to remove device from the app but now not being recognized even when connected directly via ethernet cable and with the cable it came with.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,786
    Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @gilb_gezi80
    Welcome to the site....
    Does the GO 520 Pro have a Micro SDHC Memory card installed ???
    If 'Yes' Try....
    Error... Continues Loop Recovery Mode + Memory Card
    I had exactly the same fault happen to me ??? I've been using various Tomtom devices for 10 + years, and never had a problem using Recovery Mode, for me, it has always just worked !!!
    The other day I was updating the Full Europe Map on my GO 5000, all seemed to go as normal but when the device restarted I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross & Tomtom Icon.... the device was already connected over USB + MyDrive connect... I did get the count-up MyDrive Connect 0 to 100% screen, but when the GO 5000 re-booted the device was locked into a continuous Recovery Mode loop....
    After several, restarts, I noticed the long delay at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar... Normally, there is a slight but hardly noticeable pause at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar (I Think the device is checking if a Memory card is installed ???)....

I turned off and disconnected the GO 5000 then removed the 32 GB Memory card....
    Re-Connected the device to USB and turned it on... the device started, the progress bar was normal, I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross/Tomtom Icon... The MyDrive Connect screen displayed the 0 to 100% count-up & the device booted-up OK onto the UK & ROI Map on the on-board Memory.....

Checked the Memory card, it reported a error... I Slow Formatted the Memory card fat32, the Go 5000 recognized & formatted the card... Then I Installed the Full Europe Map, all Good....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • gilb_gezi80
    Apprentice Seeker
    No sorry no memory card. Went through the process of resets check drivers etc and tomtom have called it in for repairs. Thanks for your hell
  • gilb_gezi80
    Apprentice Seeker
    No sorry no memory card. Went through the process of resets check drivers etc and tomtom have called it in for repairs. Thanks for your help