Mapshare report claims “fixed” buy it isn’t

jivingjohnson
jivingjohnson Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
TomTom still tries to send me down a road which is for permit holders only. kq9dn8sj23cc.png

Best Answer

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 300
    Supreme Pioneer
    @jivingjohnson
    For PND tomtom takes 6 months-1 year for corrections to show.
  • jivingjohnson
    Apprentice Seeker
    hi Fergussion, what's PND and why does it take 6-12 months. The whole point of this being a digital platform is that changes occur with minimal delay. I'm receiving map and app updates regularly to my TomTom app on my iPhone.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,439
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    PND = GPS
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    hi Fergussion, what's PND and why does it take 6-12 months. The whole point of this being a digital platform is that changes occur with minimal delay. I'm receiving map and app updates regularly to my TomTom app on my iPhone.

Welcome to the club of people having issues with the update policy of TT. No one seems to know exactly what the weekly map updates should do. The Amigo app should show the correct data though.
  • jivingjohnson
    Apprentice Seeker
    thanks eddydc. I use TomTom GO on the iPhone, and I'm in the middle of investigation TomTom AmiGO. Never heard of it before. Does it supersede TomTom GO?
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    thanks eddydc. I use TomTom GO on the iPhone, and I'm in the middle of investigation TomTom AmiGO. Never heard of it before. Does it supersede TomTom GO?

IMO it's an attempt to get a piece of the pie of the 'success' of Waze, but lacking the accuracy of it when it comes to traffic info. For some reason Waze surpasses the once famous TT traffic info.
    I don't like both approaches of Waze and Amigo though and would like to see TT Go gets back what it used to be. Ultimately, it should at least the user interface of the Garmin devices, the far superior map reporting capabilities of Here maps and the traffic info what Waze is now. But we're far from near that situation and the TT apps are very mediocre.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Do you have a official link from the city regarding this permit?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Hello,

Fixed doesn't mean it will be in the map immediate, it may take time to release to the map.

As I can see that if I choose the Peter Pan statue place to the hospital at the other end past Chester Road.

You can pick the alternative route, which will bypass that.

I don't see a fixed version in my dashboard, so it may take a few months as another poster has mentioned.

have a great day

I will report this to the team,

Thanks,
    Shawn

Edit: rephrased and reference used for route https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=routes+viewport=51.47412,-0.24825,13.16,0,-0+search={"input":"Richmond Royal Hospital","coords":[51.46671,-0.30043]}+routes={"departure":true,"traffic":true,"routeType":"FASTEST","travelMode":"CAR","points":["hw~51.47307,-0.2699~A~Great Chertsey Road, Mortlake, London, SW14 ENG, GBR","hw~51.46671,-0.30043~P~Richmond Royal Hospital"],"avoidCriteria":[]}+ver=3