GO5200 rebooting over and over — TomTom Community

GO5200 rebooting over and over

Hi, Anyone else having this issue, it just reboots runs for a minute or so, then reboots over and over again. It must be a recent update.
Very annoying

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,321 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hi Disable Mydrive sync on the device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,837
    Superuser
    Hi @royomahony

Try going to My Drive in Settings and selecting Stop Synching. This does not affect the normal operation of the device and you only need the psyching to be active if you want to share data with your account or receive destination data you have sent to your unit.

Whenever you need to activate the syncing on the device all you need to input is the Password as it remembers your Account details

Doug
  • royomahonyroyomahony Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @royomahony

Try going to My Drive in Settings and selecting Stop Synching. This does not affect the normal operation of the device and you only need the psyching to be active if you want to share data with your account or receive destination data you have sent to your unit.

Whenever you need to activate the syncing on the device all you need to input is the Password as it remembers your Account details

Doug

thank you both
  • malcs3malcs3 Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have a problem that my Go Premium continually freezes then restarts over and over. I found that if i turn the My Drive syncing OFF on the device then it sorts out the problem. But it means I cannot connect to the My Drive app on my phone!! And the reply I keep getting is to try a new account....which means I lose all my stored places etc. 3 of my friends have exactly the same issue. TomTom need to correct the issue with a software update, as it is not my account that's faulty but the software. My device works perfectly if the syncing to MyDrive is OFF
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,321 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Mydrive should only be activated if you transfer a route or a location and then deactivate again.