3D Startscreen on Carplay with IOS TomTom Go

CVDD
CVDD Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
In my carplay, connected with cable to my iphone, the startscreen is reset to 2D every time I start my car so I have to manually change the view by clicling the screen and then the 'north' arrow to set it to 3D. Anybody know a workaround so the 3D view is shown default at start?

Comments

• Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,381
    Hi @CVDD

I asked to our dedicated team. I will come back to you as soon as i will have an answer.

Regards,

Jim
  • CVDD
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Jim,
    I already talked to Sam (TT support) about this. He valued this as an option and his advice was to start a thread in the forum trying to find people who also would like this option implemented...
    ps. to be clear: What i'm talking about the screen when starting in "follow me" mode with no route in the GPS
    Best,
    Chris
  • MSP60
    MSP60 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    Would improve usability. I now use the standard navigation from the car in this mode when I have no route.
  • CVDD
    Apprentice Traveler
    True, basically, I can't think of a situation where the current default mode is usefull to anybody,... completly zoomed out, 2D with fixed North. Since I decided to go full CARPLAY and not having purchaded the cars standard navigation your solution is not an option for me but it's a great idea for sure... thx MSP60
  • Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,381
    Hi

@CVDD I sent your request to dev team the answer is: For now by design it will switch to 3D as soon as you plan a route, but we are working on some improvements.

Regards,

Jim
  • LordTopley
    LordTopley Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I've just started using TomTom in CarPlay. I'm coming from Waze.

Having this zoomed out 2D fixed map when not in route is incredibly frustrating and unhelpful.

Especially as it also goes to this view when you have completed your route, so you can then no longer easily see where you are, so if the destination you need is little further than TomTom thinks, then you have limited visibility of the road your on to help find the final destination.
  • g4ce
    g4ce Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    +1 To add different map views when not using turn-by-turn navigtion. I would love both 2D & 3D maps and zoom when using "follow me" mode.

Seems like other apps already have this build-in.
  • p6neo
    p6neo Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Just started using TomTom on my CarPlay screen too and the default view is shocking. Coming from Waze where it switch automatically to 3d as you start moving , it’s a must I would say.
    Also on new 3.0 release it says “ new default start map added”. So I was excited to see 3d default settings … sadly not.

Is this on the list to be added anyone knows? Happy to pay the subscription instead of using free Waze , but I can’t imagine changing to 3d view every time I start my car 🙈🙈🤯
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,188
    Community Manager
    The 3D start screen is coming. It's in beta since yesterday.
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The 3D start screen is coming. It's in beta since yesterday.
    Happy days mate 🤗🤗

How can I sign to beta programme ?
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Other than Android, there is no open beta for iOS. Therefore the intake is a lot more complex and we're not adding testers at this point of time.
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Other than Android, there is no open beta for iOS. Therefore the intake is a lot more complex and we're not adding testers at this point of time.
    Ok thanks for info

How long normally is the process for This to be added from beta to full release ?
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited March 2
    Version 3.0.1 supporting the 3D view in Apple CarPlay when no route is planned is now available.
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Version 3.0.1 with the 3D view is now available in the App Store.

Thanks for update
    Just installed. However can not find any settings for start screen. Only Guide View settings which I understand are for when I’m in Guidance mode with instructions. We all wanted settings for Start Screen 🤗
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    If Settings > Appearance > Guidance View is set to 2D, CarPlay will show 2D if no route is planned.
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler
    If Settings > Appearance > Guidance View is set to 2D, CarPlay will show 2D if no route is planned.

👌🏻
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler

So now one more question.
    When on CarPlay start screen half screen is tomtom 3d view 👌🏻
    Other half is music and above music there should be navigation Search Bar but it’s empty. If I use any other nav like maps or Waze there is search button but with TomTom there is empty bar 🤷‍♂️
  • p6neo
    Apprentice Traveler
    wvb9u2vkv0qn.jpg
    Like this
This discussion has been closed.