3D Startscreen on Carplay with IOS TomTom Go — TomTom Community

3D Startscreen on Carplay with IOS TomTom Go

CVDDCVDD Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
In my carplay, connected with cable to my iphone, the startscreen is reset to 2D every time I start my car so I have to manually change the view by clicling the screen and then the 'north' arrow to set it to 3D. Anybody know a workaround so the 3D view is shown default at start?

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,145 Moderator
    Hi @CVDD

I asked to our dedicated team. I will come back to you as soon as i will have an answer.

Regards,

Jim
  • CVDDCVDD Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jim,
    I already talked to Sam (TT support) about this. He valued this as an option and his advice was to start a thread in the forum trying to find people who also would like this option implemented...
    ps. to be clear: What i'm talking about the screen when starting in "follow me" mode with no route in the GPS
    Best,
    Chris
  • MSP60MSP60 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Would improve usability. I now use the standard navigation from the car in this mode when I have no route.
  • CVDDCVDD Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    True, basically, I can't think of a situation where the current default mode is usefull to anybody,... completly zoomed out, 2D with fixed North. Since I decided to go full CARPLAY and not having purchaded the cars standard navigation your solution is not an option for me but it's a great idea for sure... thx MSP60
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,145 Moderator
    Hi

@CVDD I sent your request to dev team the answer is: For now by design it will switch to 3D as soon as you plan a route, but we are working on some improvements.

Regards,

Jim