Missing states from portable GPS — TomTom Community

Missing states from portable GPS

I took my portable device on a trip to the Midwest. Illinois and Wisconsin (and others, too, including West Virginia) were nowhere to be seen when searching for locations. I had to use Mapquest on my laptop to get directions to places I was going. Now that I'm home, I plugged in my unit and updated through MyDrive Connect, but the missing states are still missing.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,688 Moderator
    Hi @hgroopman
    Welcome to the community! Do you have more than 1 map installed?
    In that case we need to switch between them-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898300

Thanks, Vikram
  • hgroopmanhgroopman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    The link you provided states that for the Smart 20 Series (mine apparently is a Smart 25), go to Settings and tap on Switch maps. Is this on the laptop or on the portable device?
    Does the device have to be plugged into the laptop or the car lighter to do this? I plugged in the device to the laptop earlier tonight and received a message that it was now current, but when I tried to set a route, the missing states were still missing. I will try the recommended update once I know which device I'm supposed to do it on. When I click on Update Maps on the laptop, it takes me to a page asking for $79.99 for a map.