switching map on my START 50 — TomTom Community

switching map on my START 50

I have a Smart 50 GPS and I have a map stored on my computer that I can interchange with the North American map/ European map. It is stored somewhere, but have forgotten how to do it?
Any ideas?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    edited October 14
    Hi @pepps
    Welcome to the community!
    The content and the maps on the START 50 are secured, MyDrive Connect does not allow storing maps on a computer.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • peppspepps Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram, but I have done it before, when I have needed to change maps as There is not enough storage
    to have both on the device at the same time. I just cant think how. I remember there was 2 columns and i was able to drag the us/canada map off the device and
    Drag the Europe map over to take its place.
    Someone somewhere must have done this too!!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,837
    Superuser
    Hi @pepps

If the swopping of maps used to be done on a previous TT device then if you are thinking you can use the same map as you used on that unit on your Start 50 it is not possible. Maps are sold with or for a device and are tied to the units serial number and cannot be swopped to another unit even if it is a similar model or owned by the same individual on the same account.

Doug
  • peppspepps Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug
    No it is the same TomTom device. last time I swapped a map, I was being guided through by a customer service agent. (can't seem to talk to anyone now) Does anyone know a number I can call?
    It was done through my account on my devices, but when I go to that page, just get stuck. Where it says maps, thats where they are selling them. It just surprises me that no one else does this.
    Thank you for taking the time to try and help me guys!
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,321 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hi
    It is only on your Mydrive connect account that you can replace one card area with another buy a 16 GB or 32 GB mini Sd

Choosing and installing a map zone (MyDrive Connect)
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959959-Choix-et-installation-d-une-zone-de-carte-MyDrive-Connect-