Fiat Ducato 2015 uConnect device update

weballergy
weballergy Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
We bought the latest UK update for the inbuilt uConnect 5 inch navigation system and it does not seem to appear on TomTom HOME. A Europe update does come up but the installation for it does not seem to complete. Is there or isn't there a current compatible update?

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,781
    Hi @weballergy
    Welcome to the community! The device supports updates for the pre-installed map. Purchasing a different region map will not be compatible to work.

Do you see any error when installing the Europe map?

Regards, Vikram
  • CarFMor
    CarFMor Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    I may have the same problem as weballergy. I have a UConnect 5" in a Fiat Doblo. I bought the car second hand in 2019. The operative map version was Europe v.916.5212. Date 9/2013. Since 2019 I have tried several times to update the map, using different USB memory devices (in case there is a fault in my device).
    In 2020, due to total failure of the UConnect, its software was updated by the Fiat dealer App: 11.815.1739656.107 (4330, 12/11/2014) was replaced by App: 11.815.2661403.107 (4710, 30/3/2017). All functions worked Ok again but the map was still old.
    Now TomTomHome tells me that my device doesn't need any updates, but I know the map is very old.
    According to the website the Europe map is compatible with my device serial number TP. so I purchased the Europe map.
    The Europe map seemed to download successfully onto the USB device, BUT at stage "26. Install to hard disk" the message was red: "Item was not valid after installation: Europe".
    Later I reconnected the USB device to the computer, the app opened and a new message partly covering the Europe map information: "Do you want to keep your current map up to date? You don't have the latest map. Up to 15% of the information on your device can be out of date. Stay up to date with TomTom Map Update Service .... etc etc". The offer was to purchase the Update Service Bundle 12 months at a cost of GBP 59.95.
    Next time I reconnected the USB device I had the option to ADD (download the map again). ADD failed to load at stage 1.
    Please, what should I do?
    Is it at all possible to update Europe map from 2013?