Delete mapshare updates?

RachaelP
RachaelP Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
A local activist has reset the TT speed limits on all roads into Newmarket to 40mph, down from the true 60mph. So now I get warnings every time I drive through town. I cannot find out how to correct these any more, or delete the updates from the maps. Go 6000

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,349
    Revered Voyager
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Hi @RachaelP,

https://www.newmarket.ca/LivingHere/Pages/Roads and Traffic/Traffic Management/Speed-Management.aspx

It would be best to contact your city here to report to TomTom about it.

Since they will be able to provide TomTom with the right data to fix it but how did that activist get TomTom to approve that speed change.

You could manually change each road to the right speed limit but it would be best to let them handle it.

You can't delete a map report, but you could send feedback. Though doesn't TomTom have to get official approval to change that speed limit?

Have a great day!

Shawn
  • RachaelP
    RachaelP Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I suspect there would be wide support for having the speed limits in TomTom being less than the actual posted limits. Not sure if Newmarket City Council is going to be interested in correcting one SatNav supplier's data, but I can try emailing them (or the County Council, who are responsible for Highways issues in the UK).
    I don't know what TomTom's processes are for updating maps/speed limits etc.
    I have posted map updates via the website.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    RachaelP wrote: »
    I suspect there would be wide support for having the speed limits in TomTom being less than the actual posted limits. Not sure if Newmarket City Council is going to be interested in correcting one SatNav supplier's data, but I can try emailing them (or the County Council, who are responsible for Highways issues in the UK).
    I don't know what TomTom's processes are for updating maps/speed limits etc.
    I have posted map updates via the website.

Me neither, well some cities do have GIS maps of speed limits, sometimes they don't, I am not sure who provides the data or it's just user reporting.

Yeah, it would be best if you can record each error while someone else is driving or you report it manually.

I had the same issue with Here maps as well, yeah do try contacting your city council.

Do send them the map reporter link :)

Shawn