Error message — TomTom Community

Error message

CheersCheers Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Every time I want to update my TT via MyDrive Connect I get an error message at the top of the screen "Er is geen schijfruimte beschikbaar op de computer voor het cache geheugen - maak ruimte op de harde schijf om door te gaan" (no space available in cache memory - please make space on the hard drive to continue. On the TT I still have 4GB space left and on the SD card 121 GB - even on my laptop I still have 21 GB of space left. Why doi I get this message and whatr do I do to solve this

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,837
    Superuser
    edited October 13 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Cheers

When you are doing updates and there is insufficient space on the internal memory then it will move the updated map to the extra memory card deleting the original from the internal memory . If you add more maps to the device then where they are loaded is sorted out by the Software.

When you install the 32gb card you should be asked whether you want it formatted by the TT unit for maps otherwise it will not enable the TT unit to load Maos on it..

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @Cheers

Is you post correct saying you have 121gb available on the extra memory card? The maximum memory card recommended is 32gb.

Doug
  • CheersCheers Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Connect states Memory card 121809mb
    Superuser
    Hi @Cheers

How big is the card you have fitted. Tomtom say 32gb is the maximum you should fit.

Doug
  • CheersCheers Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    128GB - I have removed the card and now the updates are installed. Looks like the 128GB card caused a problem. I will buy a 32GB card. Not that I know how to save anything on the card - if the TT memory is full will it automatically start using the 32GB card?
    Superuser
    edited October 13 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Cheers

When you are doing updates and there is insufficient space on the internal memory then it will move the updated map to the extra memory card deleting the original from the internal memory . If you add more maps to the device then where they are loaded is sorted out by the Software.

When you install the 32gb card you should be asked whether you want it formatted by the TT unit for maps otherwise it will not enable the TT unit to load Maos on it..

Doug
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 153 [Revered Navigator]
    Guys,
    May be worth noting that SD cards bigger than 32Gbytes use an updated file system necessary to manage it all. Its unlikely the TomTom devices have caught up with the necessary to use these bigger cards.

If you use Windows this is all invisible to the users.