Reset permanent of the GPS — TomTom Community

Reset permanent of the GPS

Pegase35Pegase35 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi all,
I have a GO Premium and since the last update, the GPS resets all the time each minute.
What can I do to solve this issue please?
BR,
Michel
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,834
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pegase35

Try a Soft Reset

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not cure it then a Factory Reset. Before you do this go to the My Drive website and log in o your account and check that all your My Places and my Routes etc are saved there. If they are then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    `tap Reset Device .

This will delete all your data and you will have to set it up as you did when you first got it Once it logs into your account it should restore your My Places etc to the device.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pegase35

Try a Soft Reset

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not cure it then a Factory Reset. Before you do this go to the My Drive website and log in o your account and check that all your My Places and my Routes etc are saved there. If they are then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    `tap Reset Device .

This will delete all your data and you will have to set it up as you did when you first got it Once it logs into your account it should restore your My Places etc to the device.

Doug
  • Pegase35Pegase35 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks a lot for your answer.
    The soft reset hasen't solved the issue but with the factory reset it's OK.
    BR,
    Michel
    Superuser
    Hi @Pegase35

Glad you are sorted.

Doug