Unable to save routes recorded in My Routes onto an SD Card — TomTom Community

Unable to save routes recorded in My Routes onto an SD Card

I have a Tomtom Start 52, Im trying to save routes I have previously recorded under My Routes on the SatNav. I have formatted the Micro SDHC 8GB card using the System option on the SatNav. I then try to save the routes using Share under My Routes, and I get the error 'Insert a different memory card. Remove the card used to store maps and voices and insert a memory card with enough free space'. Yet the SD card is completely empty. Can anyone offer any help pls? thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,835
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @cardiffsteve

You only format cards in the Unit if you are going to put maps on them. Use your PC to FULL format the card back to Fat32 then reinsert it and try again

Doug

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,120 [Exalted Pioneer]
    try format first on computer
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,835
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @cardiffsteve

You only format cards in the Unit if you are going to put maps on them. Use your PC to FULL format the card back to Fat32 then reinsert it and try again

Doug
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,319 [Exalted Pioneer]
    @cardiffsteve
    For the GPS to work, at least one map must be installed on the internal memory.
  • cardiffstevecardiffsteve Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thats so incredibly helpful thank you. I have tried this and it worked.

I did however have a problem with 1 route (track) file, I got an error 'Internal Error - your tracks cannot be shared due to an error, please try again later'.

I guess I can live with that.

Many thanks