TomTom won't load all the time on carplay (iOS 15.0.1) — TomTom Community

TomTom won't load all the time on carplay (iOS 15.0.1)

Buz001ABuz001A Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
Hi,
Since upgrading I've noticed more times than not that Tom Tom does not load when on car play, I get a blank screen with the text "Loading app" which does nothing. It's not safe as I have to fumble for the phone and play around opening the app on the phone and closing it a few times then it starts to work most of the time.

Any one else had this or know if its an issue with the app?

Thanks
Mike

5jwjvihbxkkp.png

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there,

Thank you all for reporting this. Our team is investigating this and it affects all phones/iOS versions (also not just with CarPlay, but occurs more with it), you can just restart the app and it should work.

Best, lampard

Answers

• RiJaTyRiJaTy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mike!
    I have the same problem with Car Play on TomTom Go (v 2.7.2) and iOS 15.0 / 15.0.1. The only way I find it working is to get TomTom to work in CarPlay, first launch it on my mobile phone and then connect it to CarPlay.

My iPhone SE (2020) connects to CarPlay with a cable.

BR,
    Risto
  • Buz001ABuz001A Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Risto,

Yes I've an 11 Pro Max using the cable to connect too, and also have it working if you load the app first but it doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks
    Mike
  • RiJaTyRiJaTy Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 11
    iOS 15.0.2 has been released. Includes a fix for the problem: "CarPlay may not have been able to open audio apps." Let's see if it also fixes the TomTom problem.
    Thanks for the heads up, updated phone over night so will check next time I'm in the car and feed back here.
  • VriesHVriesH Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    edited October 12
    Same problem. But its not related to IOS 15. or carplay in my opinion, had this troubles on IOS 14 as well. The app doesn't load at all. This occurs since the app update en few weeks ago. Removed it, restarted the phone. Reinstalled it, Tried everything I could think of. Closing the app (swipe up en kill it) will sometimes solve the problem, but next time u use the app, it again won't start... I think this needs a bugfix from TT.
    App version 2.7.2 mapversion 41770 P, IOS 15.0.1 Iphone 11
  • simon_un53simon_un53 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi yes I’ve have the same problem. I think this needs a TT fix too I’ve tried bringing it up on my phone first and then connecting to the cable but it says the same on the phone application loading on the phone and on CarPlay.
    So the question is are TT aware of it and do they read the forums?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there,

Thank you all for reporting this. Our team is investigating this and it affects all phones/iOS versions (also not just with CarPlay, but occurs more with it), you can just restart the app and it should work.

Best, lampard
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Lampard.
  • VriesHVriesH Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    edited October 14
    Updating IOS to 15.0.2 didnt solve the issue..
  • AzonsAzons Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I only have this issue if tomtom go is not loaded before so not running on the background. So close tom tom go completely then start with carplay it keeps stuck on loading. But when open app and keep it running on background it does load fine.
  • TheCoolCoyoteTheCoolCoyote Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm experiencing the same issue on iOS 15.0.2. Very annoying!
  • mlsredmlsred Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard - Any news on this?

I have upgraded to the latest version of iOS 15 but my wife an I are still having this issue on our iphone 11s. We have the issue with the app not loading correctly and also the audio cut out when using the app.

If we try to listen to music whilst using the app as soon as there is a TomTom camera alert or announcement the audio from whatever audio source we are listening to doesn't come back correctly....