TTGO will not load/ crashes on start up Android 8.1.0 — TomTom Community

TTGO will not load/ crashes on start up Android 8.1.0

grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Hello,

So I went to use TTGO yesterday and as it was loading it crashed. I tried a few more times and got the error message saying 'TTGO has stopped'. I have since uninstalled the app, removed all ghost files that I can find and reinstalled. The app does install but when 'preparing your app to get maps' it crashes before it finishes. I then get the error message again 'TTGO has stopped'. If I try opening again it says 'Starting app and retrieving settings from TT'. It then crashes again before it finishes and says again 'TTGO has stopped'. Any ideas. I could do without having to rebuild the phone. Thanks

Answers

• grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited October 10
    I have since my last post factory reset my phone and reinstalled the apps. I have exactly the same problem 'Starting app and retrieving settings from TT'. It then crashes again. I wonder if again it's something to do with adopted storage and when the phone tries to connect to TT there is some sort of mismatch with perhaps a new release and it crashes? Just a guess!
  • MUPMUP Posts: 388 [Supreme Pioneer]
    What type of hardware: phonetype, also sd card in use?
    edited October 10
    Hello @MUP
    I have a Motorola G5 8.1.0 Android with 65GB of adopted storage, which was working with TTGO up until a week or so ago
  • bkuhlsbkuhls Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    grof wrote: »
    Hello @MUP
    I have a Motorola G5 8.1.0 Android with 65GB of adopted storage, which was working with TTGO up until a week or so ago
    Same here, looks like a bug in TomTom: https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1782311/#Comment_1782311
    edited October 11
    Thanks @bkuhls.

WTF TT I like many others bought the SD card storage specifically because the maps were too large for internal memory, and fought hard to get adopted storage reusable when they withdrew support last time. Why this endless dance where nothing works for long before another big battle? Please can someone from TT confirm when this bug/problem will be addressed as a priority as the app is completely useless at present for many of us. The forums seem to be filling up with this problem now!

I bid you, oh genie, please appear now
    @lampard @szachowa
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 460
    Staff
    edited October 13
    Hi @grof , problem with app crash is being analysed at the moment. Hopefully very soon we will be able to provide more information.
    Hi @szachowa

And thanks so much for getting back to me with some news. I really appreciate it.

As previously said, there's loads I love about this app, and I hope a fix can be found for those of us using adopted storage (if indeed that is the problem). We had a problem last year where TT insisted everything went to internal storage and then the decision was reversed so we could use adopted storage again.